Late night anxiety.

I don't really have any advice to help with the anxiety but when I quit smoking I started working out, and doing a lot of cardio. On the days when I don't work out I tend to have a lot harder time falling asleep. Even just doing some push ups and sit ups before bed helps a lot. So if you aren't already that may help your sleep troubles, and in turn maybe help your anxiety as well.

I have an anxiety disorder - in fact had a bout so bad yesterday that I puked from the tightening in my chest. Awesome right? Insomnia comes with the anxiety. I have some good therapy tricks but like is noted above the best thing for me is exercise. I ran 7.5 miles last night, blew off steam and slept like a baby after a terrible rest the night before. I get way proactive in identifying the causes of my anxiety and what I can deal with and what I can't. Then I get off on missions to settle things to get them off my mind. A therapist early on taught me to use the word Stop when I was in the throws of an attack and to simply breath. Take a few minutes then start identifying the triggers and getting on the quickest to resolve and go from there. It's worked. I live a pretty good life with the occasional episode. I'm spending most of today dealing with the things I can to get this all off of me. 

I wish you the best, it sucks and most people don't understand it. "Don't worry so much..." I could smack the next person that says that to me. 

To the person above, you seem as though you've made extreme progress in halting circular thought processes and that you've gained controlled on stomping out intrusive thoughts. Without getting too deep into it, I've been told whenever I could afford a doctor, that my most prominent issue is an inability to stave off intrusive thoughts and an inability to break away from circular thought processes, which I was told was a more subtle but equally powerful version of ocd (which I'm iffy on believing). Of course anxiety and depression come in different stages (at age 14 they all began citing bipolar disorder as a cause, as I neared my twenties they started talking "mono-polar depression" with "intrusive ocd"..who knows.) But the point is, I've never comprehended truly controlling your thoughts. Any advice on managing that?

SAAAAME.

Which sucks, because weed is great.

Same thing here and it's the worst. After 2.5 years I've been experimenting with taking tiny puffs once in awhile. So far a little anxiety, no panic...yet.

I remember back when I smoked all the time if I went a day or two without it I'd barely be able to fall asleep. My advice would be to just wait it out. Your body/mind are just used to being stoned and will take some time to adjust. When I stopped for good I remember after a few days I started sleeping a bit better but having INSANE vivid dreams.

To the person above, you seem as though you've made extreme progress in halting circular thought processes and that you've gained controlled on stomping out intrusive thoughts. Without getting too deep into it, I've been told whenever I could afford a doctor, that my most prominent issue is an inability to stave off intrusive thoughts and an inability to break away from circular thought processes, which I was told was a more subtle but equally powerful version of ocd (which I'm iffy on believing). Of course anxiety and depression come in different stages (at age 14 they all began citing bipolar disorder as a cause, as I neared my twenties they started talking "mono-polar depression" with "intrusive ocd"..who knows.) But the point is, I've never comprehended truly controlling your thoughts. Any advice on managing that?

Truthfully, I don't believe in one-size fits all. I find being busy to be a plus and to put myself in a position where I take satisfaction in what I do or am helping others with my time/effort. The occasional bout is inevitable but 18 years after diagnosis they are fewer and fewer. Honestly, I don't recall half the clinical stuff that was spouted at me over the years but I know the drugs made me feel worse, physical activity made me feel better and filling my time on my terms with things I enjoy or get satisfaction from keeps me from so much of the bullshit that dragged me down at my worst. I had a personal trauma that exasserbated a lot of my issues so continuing to deal with that and understand how it worsened my depression / anxiety at least gives me a root cause to dip back to most times. 

I re-read the original post and realize my experience is pretty different.