My friends house burnt down. Lost everything she owned (including records)

Last night my friends house burnt down completely. All her clothes, records, books and all her other belongings didn't make it. I set up a indiegogo page for anyone that would like to donate to help her out. Any amount helps obviously.

Here's the link here: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/friends-house-burnt-down-any-amount-will-help/x/8312870

Ouch, that is rough. I had an apartment that I lived in burn down years ago. Thankfully I didn't lose everything, but it sure is rough. Did she have house/renters insurance?

I have no idea actually I need to ask her. I believe that she pays some of her rent and her mom pays the rest. She lives on her own.

I have no idea actually I need to ask her. I believe that she pays some of her rent and her mom pays the rest. She lives on her own.

I would hope she has some kind of insurance. She was really upset last night so I don't think she does unfortunately.

Yea, either way, even if she does it will still take a bit for that check to come and the extra $$ always helps.  I'm broke at the moment, but I'll try to throw something her way when I have some funds.

Does your friend live in Illinois? Right after I read through thread I got a message from someone I bought a record from on Ebay.

"I recently experienced a terrible thing and my house burned down, so I need to go through the records that made it and see what shape they're in before I ship out. Please bear with me in this tedious time and I'll be in touch shortly. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Kind of a strange coincidence.

Does your friend live in Illinois? Right after I read through thread I got a message from someone I bought a record from on Ebay.

"I recently experienced a terrible thing and my house burned down, so I need to go through the records that made it and see what shape they're in before I ship out. Please bear with me in this tedious time and I'll be in touch shortly. I apologize for the inconvenience."

Very strange coincidence indeed.  Especially the timing.

must be just a coincidence she lives in Buffalo NY. I don't think she even has a ebay account or might but just for buying stuff.

must be just a coincidence she lives in Buffalo NY. I don't think she even has a ebay account or might but just for buying stuff.

Ok, now that is a weird coincidence for me as I've seen Buffalo, NY for the third time on VC today AND I just got off the phone with someone from there. 

Either way I hope she can salvage as much stuff as possible from this.

Ok, now that is a weird coincidence for me as I've seen Buffalo, NY for the third time on VC today AND I just got off the phone with someone from there.

Either way I hope she can salvage as much stuff as possible from this.

Now that's weird. At the time that I made this she didn't post this photo yet but here's a picture right from her IG

• 2 weeks later...

Man I hope she has homeowners or renters Insurance. I dont know how may times after we put out a house or apt fire that the owners say they dont....... and lost everything. Typically $50/month or less for homeowners and usually $10-25/month for renters......

This. My renter's insurance costs like $200 per year and I'm covered for like...$50,000 or something stupid.