OUT NOW: Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets Of Silent Earth: 3 Repress

I know this will sound insane, but I don't think I've ever heard a Coheed song, and since you all like them, could someone suggest me the best album to check out first? I try not to illegally download as much as possible, and so I'd like to know which download to pay for.

Just sample them on grooveshark.com. You don't have to pay and you get to see what you're in for before you buy.

http://grooveshark.com/#!/profile/Coheed+And+Cambria/23370474/albums

I think the first four actual songs (tracks 2 - 5) on In Keeping Secrets are enough to let you know what's good about this band and in particular this album.

I just want everyone to remember what I promised on my WTB thread:

EDIT (07/21/14): Transaction pending and hopeful! Wish me luck!

Ladies and Germs,

I am at that point in my life that all C&C and vinyl fans reach: I need to finally muster up the dough to buy IKSSE:3. I know it's "lowballing" it, but I don't want to spend more than $300. It may be laughable, but i've missed some eBay posts where it was around $250-$280. You don't need my justification, but I'm just hoping there is a fan out there with a decent copy that they are willing to help a brother out with. If not, I won't die. I'll just be less happy than I could be.

PS- My luck is such that as soon as I spend $300 on this from one of you, there will be a repress and it will cost $25 and NEVER go out of print, ever, so if you guys want a repress this is fate throwing you a bone.

Heh, I said bone.

Here ya go. As promised fate is sticking its cruel dick in my arse. Either way I'm preordering too. Thanks CHAMP!

bcarter87, on 18 Jul 2014 - 11:50 AM, said:snapback.png

EDIT (07/21/14): Transaction pending and hopeful! Wish me luck!

Ladies and Germs,

I am at that point in my life that all C&C and vinyl fans reach: I need to finally muster up the dough to buy IKSSE:3. I know it's "lowballing" it, but I don't want to spend more than $300. It may be laughable, but i've missed some eBay posts where it was around $250-$280. You don't need my justification, but I'm just hoping there is a fan out there with a decent copy that they are willing to help a brother out with. If not, I won't die. I'll just be less happy than I could be.

PS- My luck is such that as soon as I spend $300 on this from one of you, there will be a repress and it will cost $25 and NEVER go out of print, ever, so if you guys want a repress this is fate throwing you a bone.

Heh, I said bone.

Here ya go. As promised fate is sticking its cruel dick in my arse. Either way I'm preordering too. Thanks CHAMP!

Teehee

Immediately thought of you and all the other poor bastards that have shelled out so much for this gem.  

Immediately thought of you and all the other poor bastards that have shelled out so much for this gem.  

It's all good. I have my 1st press now. And soon I will have more! I just hope it's a remaster. If not, I don't care. I'll own every variant of the second press. LOL. I still have no regrets. I knew it would happen. But JUST in case it didn't I wanted to go ahead and grab it.

It's all good. I have my 1st press now. And soon I will have more! I just hope it's a remaster. If not, I don't care. I'll own every variant of the second press. LOL. I still have no regrets. I knew it would happen. But JUST in case it didn't I wanted to go ahead and grab it.

I'm happy that this is getting repressed, hopefully the original presses will come down a little.

I'm happy that this is getting repressed, hopefully the original presses will come down a little.

I hope so too. I hate seeing any record cost more than $100. It's stupid. however, if they don't KEEP this press in stock, the same thing will happen as did with SSTB. All versions will cost between $80-$150 or more...so stupid. But when you WANT (like I did/ do) you'll pay.

Holding out for it to show up in the US (hope I don't regret it), but so excited for this!

Just do what everyone else is doing, PO from Canada, cancel when US order shows up. That way if a US one doesn't show up, you don't miss out. Amazon doesn't charge until it ships, mang.

What is everyone's HOPES for this? That is: one version; 4 color variants; different weights; different artwork, etc. I don't think the Champ will mind if we highjack his thread to discuss our DREAMS for this release.

How about me you ask?

I want ONE variant, remastered, on heavyweight vinyl, gatefold sleeve (because wtf is up with NOT gatefold-ing it?), and maybe a little bonus 7" or something (à la SSTB 7") with demos (maybe some of the PLATINUM VIP Cassette on vinyl).

If I'm going to be honest...color doesn't matter.  I would prefer a 180 gram double lp, gatefold is a must.  And a 7" with the demos would be great, because 1) I didn't get platinum and 2) I don't care for cassettes anyway

Definitely this. I just would like to own this finally.

Though, kind of hoping for a tour variant. I did get platinum and it would just be a cherry on top of my cake.