Does anyone else collect gold promo stamped LPs?

I've got stamped copies of Gang Of Four "Solid Gold" LP and "Another Day Another Dollar" EP. I think between them I paid about 7 bucks. I know I must have others but those stick out for some reason.

I think I have the Gang of Four one you have too. Also very inexpensive.

I have a beat up VG original press and I think it has a gold promo stamp, duder. Maybe we can trade :)

Dude, lets talk! :D 

Oh! Bonus...

I took the GNR record out of the sleeve for the first time in years and found a promo flexi disc that I totally forgot about. I'm pretty sure they were giving these away for free at the record store when the album came out.

7dd70863-036d-442e-9d24-f3d459babece_zps

Oh man, I was that flexi!! Are you willing to let it go? 

I never quite gave any thought into the promo gold stamped albums in my collection, however, do recall the sound quality of them to be superb. Off the top my head, I believe most of the one's I have in my possession to be primarily from Warners and Elektra, and, from the 80's.

Almost certain I have one or more from the following....

Alan Vega

Elvis Costello

The Stranglers

The Clash

The Jesus and Mary Chain

Billy Bragg

Revelation Records

Bob Dylan

• 5 months later...

Hands down the most expensive record I have ever purchased (I did manage to talk the price down to $200) - The story behind this record is kinda cool. EasyStreetRecords in West Seattle bought a SEALED box of Nirvana LPs from an Exec. that used to work for Geffen Records. There were 8 copies of In Utero that are pressed on clear vinyl which are still sealed and 6 copies of Nevermind with the gold promo stamp. None of these have ever seen the head of a needle and I can safely say that this copy of Nevermind is the mintiest copy you will ever find.

B6DE37EE-1EB3-476F-8622-AB17C816A1BA_zps

172DCA16-C6A0-4B7F-8E04-A4D9EE2332EB_zps

Cool find on that Nirvana promo. You paid more than I would for it. Speaking of the clear In Utero, I remember buying that brand new in 1994 (well my brother paid for it as I was only 10).

Also, I may have a copy of QOTSA - Rated R to trade. Do you happen to have a trade list?

Hands down the most expensive record I have ever purchased (I did manage to talk the price down to $200) - The story behind this record is kinda cool. EasyStreetRecords in West Seattle bought a SEALED box of Nirvana LPs from an Exec. that used to work for Geffen Records. There were 8 copies of In Utero that are pressed on clear vinyl which are still sealed and 6 copies of Nevermind with the gold promo stamp. None of these have ever seen the head of a needle and I can safely say that this copy of Nevermind is the mintiest copy you will ever find.

I used to admire that LP every time I went to Easy Street. Good on you for picking it up!

The only promos I know I have for sure are a maxi-single of "Everybody Hurts" and a copy of an album by some band I've never heard of, which I bought for 25 cents.

I once passed on a promo stamped, clear gold copy of Nirvana Unplugged for $30. I don't know why I do the things that I do.

I never go down to Tacoma for records, are there any other good shops I should know about? 

Not particularly, no. The best is Hi-Voltage Records, and even their prices are high (but being as small as they are, I guess they have to be). Every once in a while I find a good deal there.

There's also Turntable Treasures, who have a huge collection of classic rock and other more niche genres (little punk or alternative to speak of), Rocket Records - whose prices are a fucking joke, I don't know how they're still in business, and Golden Oldies, who specialize in oldies. 

Basically, it's not worth the trip down here.