PO: Meridian - The Cathedral (Max Stern of Signals Midwest)

tKj7vNM.jpg

Pre-order: http://youthconspiracy.bigcartel.com/product/meridian-the-cathedral-lp

We're incredibly honored to be releasing Meridian's sophomore album, The Cathedreal, in an extremely limited pressing of 500 copies.

Meridian is the rootsy alt-rock project of Max Stern, frontman of Cleveland punk band Signals Midwest, as well as his younger brother Jake. The siblings have played together for years, with their first official release as Meridian, the folksy, acoustic Aging Truths, released in 2012. "Aging Truths was essentially a bedroom project Jake and I took into the studio and attempted to flesh out over a few days," says Max Stern. "The Cathedral was very different—from the start, it was clear that it was going to be a full-band record. It was really special to watch it come to life over the span of several months."

"The Cathedral is definitely a departure from the sound of Aging Truths," agrees Jake Stern. It's a lot louder, with more electric instruments and distortion. I feel like this might scare some people off that found comfort in all of the acoustic songs on our first record. That being said, a lot of our shows are just me and Max acoustic, so it's a lot of fun finding interesting ways to strip these new songs down."

PRESSING INFO
200 copies on red vinyl
200 copies on blue vinyl
100 copies on red/blue split vinyl

TRACKLISTING
SIDE A
1. The Cathedral (STREAM HERE)
2. Ten Extra Seconds
3. If You Let Me
4. 6 To Spring St.

SIDE B
5. Gabriel
6. Logic And Mathematics
7. Eyes Like Lakes
8. Saints Paul & Ann

Pre-Order: http://youthconspiracy.bigcartel.com/product/meridian-the-cathedral-lp

Haha, man, y'all are faster than me and I run the label! Thanks for posting the thread.

We'll be launching a second song from the record later this week if people need any more convincing, but legitimately, I think these are the best songs Max has ever written. Dude is an incredible songwriter.

Haha, man, y'all are faster than me and I run the label! Thanks for posting the thread.

We'll be launching a second song from the record later this week if people need any more convincing, but legitimately, I think these are the best songs Max has ever written. Dude is an incredible songwriter.

I've been waiting for this since Max told me about it in May of 2013, haha. 

And agreed, there's something about his writing that hits all the right spots for me whether it's Meridian, Signals, or even the solo ep he has. Glad you're putting this stuff out Scott. I'm contemplating making the trip to the release show.

Bought this instantly. Seeing meridian in Philly tomorrow as well. Pumped for this album

Thanks so much for your support! Max and Jake are currently doing an acoustic East Coast tour right now, with a bunch of full-band shows planned for the future; here's the current routing, if anyone else wants to go to a show:

8/5 - Philadelphia, PA @ House Show
8/6 - Long Island, NY @ Mr. Beery's
8/7 - Albany, NY @ The Icehouse
8/8 - Boston, MA @ House Show
8/9 - Brooklyn, NY @ Legion Bar
8/10 - Rochester, NY @ The Shark Tank
8/14 - Kent, OH @ Euro Gyro
8/22 - Cleveland, OH @ The Grog Shop w/All Dogs, Runaway Brother, Dead Leaves (The Cathedral release show)
10/31-11/2 - Gainesville, FL @ The Fest 13