Insound is running a HUGE sale right now

i'm confused. when i purchased yesterday, i had only one thing on backorder. if i go to check my order now, it says over half the stuff is on backorder. im wondering how this will pan out

Insound replied to a message I left on Facebook about the sale - they said they are filling each order in order received, so if something you bought was "in stock" when you hit submit, you should be good.

i'm confused. when i purchased yesterday, i had only one thing on backorder. if i go to check my order now, it says over half the stuff is on backorder. im wondering how this will pan out

Insound replied to a message I left on Facebook about the sale - they said they are filling each order in order received, so if something you bought was "in stock" when you hit submit, you should be good.

sweet thank you!

I will most likely be getting refunded for the majority of my order but figured I'd give it a try. Prices were so good I picked up some extras of stuff I already had for gifts.

IN STOCK ITEMS
1 Alkaline Trio My Shame Is True Vinyl LP+CD
1 Alkaline Trio | One Man Army Split Vinyl LP
1 Green Day 21st Century Breakdown (Vinyl Box Set) 3x10"+CD
1 Hans Zimmer The Dark Knight Rises: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack Vinyl LP
1 Jerry Lee Lewis and His Pumping Piano Great Balls of Fire Vinyl 7"
1 lemuria The Distance is So Big Vinyl LP
1 lemuria Brilliant Dancer Vinyl 7"
1 Mumford and Sons Babel - The Singles Collection Vinyl 5x7"
1 Mumford and Sons The Road to Red Rocks (Special Edition) LP+CD+DVD+Book
1 My Chemical Romance May Death Never Stop You Vinyl 2xLP+DVD
1 The Lonely Island The Wack Album Vinyl LP+DVD
1 Thrice Identity Crisis Vinyl LP

BACKORDERED ITEMS
1 Anthony Green Beautiful Things Vinyl LP
1 Alkaline Trio Alkaline Trio Vinyl LP
1 Bayside Bayside Vinyl LP
1 Bon Iver Holocene Vinyl 12"
1 Brett Dennen B Side to the D Side Vinyl 7"
1 Feist Metals Vinyl LP
1 FEIST Open Season (Import) Vinyl 2xLP
1 Frank Turner Poetry of the Deed Vinyl LP
1 Lemuria Pebble Vinyl LP
1 Saves the Day Sound the Alarm Vinyl LP
1 Saves the Day Under The Boards Vinyl LP
1 Screamin' Jay Hawkins I Put a Spell on You (Music Postcard) Vinyl 7" Postcard
1 Skrillex Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites Vinyl LP
1 Skrillex Bangarang EP Vinyl 12"
1 The Civil Wars Unplugged on VH1 Vinyl LP
1 The Faint Wet From Birth Vinyl LP
1 The Lonely Island Incredibad Vinyl 2xLP
1 Their / They're / There Analog Weekend Vinyl 12"

We'll see what happens

From Insound just now:

"It looks like some of the items appearing as backordered were because your order claimed the last copy. If other backordered items were part of the Moving Sale, those might be unfortunately out of stock for the forseeable future. However, if they were not part of the moving sale, our distributors should have more copies in stock within the next few weeks. Would you like to make any changes to these orders? Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns."

Honestly, don't know if that answers anything for me lol

From Insound just now:

"It looks like some of the items appearing as backordered were because your order claimed the last copy. If other backordered items were part of the Moving Sale, those might be unfortunately out of stock for the forseeable future. However, if they were not part of the moving sale, our distributors should have more copies in stock within the next few weeks. Would you like to make any changes to these orders? Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns."

Honestly, don't know if that answers anything for me lol

Thats a we got bombarded with orders and who knows what you will get response.

The issue is, it could have been "in stock" in your cart but not backordered because if you refresh your cart, things still show in stock even if they would be backordered if you added them to your cart after the fact. 

That's actually not true. Everything I added to my cart was "In Stock" when I first put it there, but in the process of sifting through ALL the sales items, a couple things changed to "Backordered." So when I checked out, 3 of 15 items then said "Backordered" even though they were all "In Stock" at the time I put them in the Cart.

I'm hoping/assuming that those remaining 12 items WERE "In Stock" and will ship. I'm assuming the other 3 won't, although I'll be happily surprised if they do. This is, again, assuming they are truly filling orders as they were received, and assuming their inventory was live and updating instantaneously.

Well, not to add any frustration to this, but I just got an email that said "Part of your Insound Order Has Been Processed". (I got this same email three times, in fact.)

I am getting: 

The Antlers - Undersea
Hundred Waters - Hundred Waters
Leonard Cohen - Songs From a Room
Seun Kuti - From Africa with Fury: Rise
Robert Glasper - Black Radio, Volume 2
Cody ChesnuTT - Landing on a Hundred
Solomon Burke - The Best of Solomon Burke (Reissue)
Here We Go Magic - Here We Go Magic
P.O.S. - We Don't Even Live Here (Picture Disc)
Phosphorescent - To Willie

And I was told "The following items are in your order but have not been shipped yet:"

Chris Thile - Bach: Sonata No. 1 in G minor / Partita No. 1 in B minor
Bright Eyes - Cassadaga
Judee Sill - Judee Sill

Now, I'm not surprised about the Bright Eyes LP. It was Backordered when I ordered it.

The frustrating thing is that both the Judee Sill and the Chris Thile LPs were listed as In Stock when I ordered, and in fact, in the confirmation email I got yesterday from Insound, they were listed as In Stock.

We'll see what happens, I guess, but it sounds like this is the first Oldies sale all over again.

Picked Up

1 Various Artists Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained OST (Import) Vinyl 2xLP 25.98
1 Cliff Martinez Wanna Fight? Vinyl 7" 3.50
1 Various Artists Oblivion OST Vinyl 2xLP 14.99

Total of 47.99 shipped.

I knew waiting on the Django soundtrack was a good move, also happy to have the oblivion soundtrack as well!

To provide a glimmer of hope: I just received the notification that my entire order was shipped. The status of three of the items went to "backordered" immediately after I placed my order, and now almost every item is.

So it evidently (at least in my case) seems as though if it is in stock when you hit "submit", you should be good. Hopefully the same will be true for you guys too! I wasn't holding my breath after the Oldies fiasco, so this is a welcome surprise.

I grabbed...

1 Absu - Absu (LP)
1 Boy Sets Fire - While a Nation Sleeps (LP)
1 Corrections House - Last City Zero (Yellow Vinyl) (LP)
1 Deftones - Koi No Yokan (LP)
1 Maserati - Maserati VII (2xLP)
1 Maybeshewill - I Was Here For a Moment, Then I Was Gone (LP)
1 The Jealous Sound - Kill Them With Kindness (Deluxe Reissue) (2xLP)
1 Watain - The Wild Hunt (2xLP)
1 Zombi - Escape Velocity (LP)

I really shouldn't have but I picked up:

Balaclava - Crimes Of Faith

The Body - Christs, Redeemer

Electric Wizard - Electric Wizard

Bruno Mars - Unorthodox Jukebox (for my wife)

Meshuggah - Contradictions Collapse

I had my cart up to around $400 and luckily for me a majority of what I wanted was on backorder. My order came out to around $83 which isn't too bad.

If Insound is having problems selling shit it's due to their insane shipping costs.

I don't begrudge anyone who's selling most of their inventory for a loss to charge me the true shipping rates, rather than "Free Shipping over $35" (which basically means "we'll eat the cost of shipping to get you to buy more").

I don't begrudge anyone who's selling most of their inventory for a loss to charge me the true shipping rates, rather than "Free Shipping over $35" (which basically means "we'll eat the cost of shipping to get you to buy more").

Shipping for $150 records is not $35.  Shipping from Oldies.com was FREE.

Furthermore, I'm pretty sure that's just their prices regardless of what you're buying.