Anyone want to buy complete collection of over 2,200 vinyl LP's, incl. rock, rap, hip-hop & more

vinylfreak

My name is David and I am a middle aged collector and former DJ who traveled extensively around the globe when I was younger playing out and digging bins and crates and thru others collections for a lifetime. Now, as I am getting older, my children, who are adults themselves do not share the passion or dedication or interest in vinyl records as I do, so, to the right individual, I am willing to discuss the sale of. my complete vinyl record collection that has taken me 40 years to acquire. I have it all. Spoken word, Old Training LP's, Classic Rock,to Blues, Hip Hop, Rap, House, Trance Techno,I played clubs mostly so many Top 40's, and, Top 100's, From A-Z. I have been an eclectic collector and am looking to find a special person to take over my legacy and obsession of vinyl. I will not turn this over to just anyone as many are rare, unopened LP's like Michael Jackson's 1st release of THRILLER, or Rolling Stones 1st releases, Led Zeppelin, Grand Funk Railroad, Cream, The Doors and MANY MANY more. Price will be discussed over a phone call to determine your seriousness and level of interest. If you are a pro DJ or producer that wants sounds and songs from 90 years of music in all genres in one place without flying round the globe to source them from every record store from New York to LA to all points in England and abroad in Europe then you will absolutely need to get your hands on this definitive all encompassing collection spanning several generations. To inquire about the above stated collection, please send me a response by e-mail or leave a comment here on this board. By the way, PLEASE FOLKS, SERIOUS responses,are APPRECIATED but,  any rude, mean or unkind replies placed here out of boredom, or for lack of having something more productive to do, are NOT appreciated. Please be kind, and respond in a respectful way folks. Thank you for your time and interest. :)

From 1920's Jazz ie, Duke Ellington, to Dizzie Gullespie, on thru the 30's, 40's 50's 60's 70's 80's 90 and into the new millennium

I'm so glad you listed all the decades between the 1920's and 2000's. For a second there I thought I was going to somehow forget some.

I'd actually be interested in what hip hop you have.

But are you actually thinking will buy your collection in one fell swoop? If you're mentioning rarities like 1st press Thriller, you're probably thinking serious bucks. Why don't you individually sell rare and expensive records and sell the inexpensive throwaway ones by the pound?

I'd actually be interested in what hip hop you have.

But are you actually thinking will buy your collection in one fell swoop? If you're mentioning rarities like 1st press Thriller, you're probably thinking serious bucks. Why don't you individually sell rare and expensive records and sell the inexpensive throwaway ones by the pound?

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, LOTS of rare hip-hop.. All or nothing. Many have pricing on them of $20.00 or more (England-U.K.pressed and Europe pressing were even more) and many (not all) are excellent condition or close to new condition played only a time or two. I want only a fraction of their value only because it will break my heart if I have to piece it out. I will consider all offers. Pickup only. I will consider, a reasonable offer for the lot, not breaking them up. Rare or not. All will go to a collector, shop, etc. who can sort, re-sell, whatever.

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, LOTS of rare hip-hop.. All or nothing. Many have pricing on them of $20.00 or more (England-U.K.pressed and Europe pressing were even more) and many (not all) are excellent condition or close to new condition played only a time or two. I want only a fraction of their value only because it will break my heart if I have to piece it out. I will consider all offers. Pickup only. I will consider, a reasonable offer for the lot, not breaking them up. Rare or not. All will go to a collector, shop, etc. who can sort, re-sell, whatever.

Pickup only.

You want someone to buy all, not some, of your record collection, which has a wide, eclectic breadth of maybe-valuable material from all ages of music (no real specifics given) and come to 'deep south' Georgia to come pick them all up, with like, a U-Haul or something?

I mean, you might find a couple people crazy enough eventually, but.. that's pretty outlandish, right? Do you have an abbreviated list, or some pictures, or anything? I can understand if it would really suck to break it up, but these all-or-nothing type deals usually turn out to be a whole lot of thrift shop oldies you can find anywhere.

Pickup only.

You want someone to buy all, not some, of your record collection, which has a wide, eclectic breadth of maybe-valuable material from all ages of music (no real specifics given) and come to 'deep south' Georgia to come pick them all up, with like, a U-Haul or something?

I mean, you might find a couple people crazy enough eventually, but.. that's pretty outlandish, right? Do you have an abbreviated list, or some pictures, or anything? I can understand if it would really suck to break it up, but these all-or-nothing type deals usually turn out to be a whole lot of thrift shop oldies you can find anywhere.

Plus you will be hard pressed to find a shop or collector for that matter that would be willing to shell out like 10k+ for a collection. The man hours of pricing and waiting on inventory to move would not be worth it to them from a business stand point. Alot of times they will give a buck or two a record and call it a day. Same goes for a collector. Even after theytake out what they want there will still be 80% they have to now try and sell slowly on ebay discogs boards like this etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't been online in a while. I saw a few recent responses. Please, be patient with me here guys (and gals).

I have not been on any blog, vlogs, forums like this much and, as such, I have have tried to wade thru and read all the faq's on, conduct on the site , etc. I am doing my best here... :)

To be fair, I will try to answer  all the recent inquiries as best as possible. , without telling a life story online. (p.s) I think i did anyway..sorry..lol

Here goes,

1.yes, there are singles, mostly hip hop and rap genre. many rare one -off's, LA, NYC, Miami krews and MORE, but...and this is a BIG but...

2. There are also, many, many albums from every genre I've previously listed and from out of country, some latin, many UK, mainly USA primarily.

3. Many have been actually, only played 1,2,3 times..... and..... quite a few, not at all. Why, because I have multiples of the hits at that particular time when the track or title was HOT. I knew I would "wear a groove" in many singles, or tracks from playing out so, multiples of an album or single is a necessity to any gigging DJ that worked with vinyl in my area (before CD's and just because vinyl was, and still is..COOL-er)

4. Someone will get this collection, and soon.., why? Because, I know, as any of you that are seasoned, mature collectors do as well, that, it only will take ONE person to actually come and see the insane vinyl I actually have available and that has got a clue as to what they are seeing to jump on this. I am in no hurry to part with my life's work but, one of you are on another record site is going to take this LITERALLY, as they should and come check this deal out....

This discography will BLOW the right person away, no doubt, some (actually MANY) of what I have is rare, and has more value than just money can buy... and even with the internet you would have to travel to the ends of the earth to get what I am offering in vinyl....but the discerning person will see that they won't pay for plane tickets or fuel or all the massive amount of time it took to gather together, in ONE place, what I have amassed of a lifetime.

5. While this is a DEFINITE H_U_G_E BARGAIN for ANYONE with collecting on their minds.....Lookie-loo's with pocket change may kindly need to look elsewhere because these records, overall, are NOT your average crate dig or garage sale type.

6. IN FACT,this is the VERY FIRST time ANYONE has EVER dug through my crates, period. 

Finally, I am not trying to be short, rude or belittling of anyone, anywhere and especially here on this fine website so I hope nobody takes offense to my straight forward approach to how I would like this to progress further.

The bottom line is I DO, in fact, KNOW what I have and for what I am asking, it would BLOW some of your minds, literally. But, I absolutely HATE to type and as such, have type, hunt and peck style" WAY to much already...UGH! That is why I have not taken time to make a list... it is JUST TOO EXTENSIVE for my finger nubs to agree to....

I will only respond in more detail if someone cares to leave me a phone number so we can actually speak to one another, not just have me type my fingers to the bone, which I hate doing...I am not a typing type of person... That is all I got to say...if anyone has further interest and are close enough to come and look...and who's serious...I am open to all sensible offers.

Thank you any and all for your interest once more.

Respectfully,

VF

You posted this two weeks ago. If you were really trying to sell this you could have listed every record by now.

My guess is the wife is telling you that you need to sell them so you are doing a half-assed job because you don't really want to get rid of them.