PO: PEARL JAM BELLINGHAM 5/10/2000 VAULT SHOW #4 3XLP 10C only

apirk

I just wish they would upgrade the site somehow. Unless you reissue all the studio albums, which they should do sooner rather than later, the supply/demand portion is never met. And even then they'd do limited items. As someone said, forget bring a PJ completionist, it's not happening. But only in dealing with Ten Club would I ever second guess that something I ordered and got charged for wasn't a sure thing, but when dealing with them all bets are off.

Does anyone else feel like it reached this level of madness around PJ20? Prior to that I know some of the big East Coast shows like MSG hammered the site, but in 2010 I was able to buy tickets for Columbus, Cleveland and Indy right in a row with no difficulty. I know some would say yeah, those shows weren't as in demand, etc but put the same three dates up today, sell em through the site and not a lotto and I guarantee it would be a total cluster. I just don't think they've kept up with the level of madness that surrounds the band today.

Im looking forward to reading about the crying when people land Brad and Backspacer :D

No itll be cool to see people get a Benaroya. Its always been insane dealing with PJ's club. Been a member for 19 yrs. Tried for 30 minutes and gave up. Their site just cant handle a lot of traffic like that. Maybe one instance where they shouldnt operate like an indie band LOL. Ive missed out on things way more than ive gotten them. Part of being in a fanclub with 100k people or whatever. When u do score its really fun.

I don't want to start an argument who is bigger, PJ or Metallica, however, often times Metallica will list an extremely limited item (100 pieces or less) and I can't remember a time the server couldn't handle the traffic.  It is becoming a common theme with PJ, but it has improved over the years. 

In regards to tix, after reading about how the tix can be random for 10c members, and how some venues it is really a crap shoot and the tix are will call only, I buy my PJ tix during other presales (Amex, Citi, venue, ect) or general on sale and have done consistently better than a majority of people that get them through the club, however I'd like to think I am more aggressive at getting tix than most.

I don't want to start an argument who is bigger, PJ or Metallica, however, often times Metallica will list an extremely limited item (100 pieces or less) and I can't remember a time the server couldn't handle the traffic. It is becoming a common theme with PJ, but it has improved over the years.

In regards to tix, after reading about how the tix can be random for 10c members, and how some venues it is really a crap shoot and the tix are will call only, I buy my PJ tix during other presales (Amex, Citi, venue, ect) or general on sale and have done consistently better than a majority of people that get them through the club, however I'd like to think I am more aggressive at getting tix than most.

Even with the System MetClub has in place now with the Limited item Queue people winge.....its awesome IMO....definitely a great way of doing things.....and never had it crash on me

Explain this system to me if you don't mind. I just feel like there's got to be a better way than we see from 10C.

The limited item has an On Sale Time/Date....Almost always Mondays at 1 Pm......it hits the store front page at exactly 1 Pm US Time

Click on the item....Click Purchase....go in the Queue...it allows you 15 minutes or so to complete your purchase if you got the item....if you decide not to buy it....another person further down the Queue gets the opportunity to purchase.

If its limited to 100 people and 100 people have it in there carts then it shows out of inventory....once again it you decide its not for you then it shows available in the store again until eventually it is Marked Sold Out

Apparently it had some issues on RSD but 2 limited items went on sale and thats the first time ive heard of it having any issues

negavinyl, for some reason I can't quote.   Basically you go to the limited item page as soon as it drops (typically Thursdays 4 ET, 1PT) and hit ADD TO CART.  They system then attempts to add the item to your cart, if it is added you have 20 minutes to check out, if you exceed 20 minutes the item is released back to the website.   If you don't get the item in your cart right away it puts you in a queue for that item, and if someone releases it from their cart, or exceeds the 20 minute window then it goes into the cart of the next member, this keeps happening until the item is marked out of stock (which means its not sold out, there is still a chance to get it, but it is slim)  As soon as the item sells out, the product page is pulled and a message about it being sold out is posted.  Typically MetClub Dan (the Santos of Metclub) will answer any questions as far as availability and if it has sold out. 

Oh thanks man. That place is rad. No one good really comes through here anymore though. Weird Al does like once every two years. Last time Death Cab played at Mount Baker Theater was like 6 years ago (they're from here).