PO: Iron Maiden 1980's Era Represses

Cheaper at What Records, who are an independent. I think the box & 3 is £43.99 and the singles are £6.99 :)

Cheaper at What Records, who are an independent. I think the box & 3 is £43.99 and the singles are £6.99 :)

Not cheaper for those of us in the USA

What Records Price  £44.99 + £16.00 shipping from the UK  = $101.15 USD

Amazon Price (-VAT) £39.73 + £3.08 postage & packing from the UK = $70.99 USD

What Records Does have a complete 19x7" bundle available here:  http://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/62721.htm

Price is £132.81 + £32.00 shipping from the UK which = $273.35 USD or $14.39 per 7"!!!

Are the UK and US pressings going to be done in the same plant?  The first line in the release says "Parlophone Records (BMG/INgrooves Music Group for the USA) will follow..."  so maybe that means they are being pressed separately?  I'm debating getting the box set from Amazon UK since I can't find it anywhere in the US, but I don't want to buy waves 2 and 3 in the US if they will be different from the UK pressings.

All the 7-inches are up on Amazon for PO. $7.98 apiece and of course Free Shipping at $35, so if you're buying more than 4 this is probably your best deal.

I'd be all-in if these were the 12-inch 45 RPM singles... I've got a couple of those from the 80's and they might be the best-sounding metal records I own, bar none. Seems a shame to only release the 7-inch versions with tinier artwork and reduced SQ.

I still can't find an American link to the box + first three albums.

All the 7-inches are up on Amazon for PO. $7.98 apiece and of course Free Shipping at $35, so if you're buying more than 4 this is probably your best deal.

I'd be all-in if these were the 12-inch 45 RPM singles... I've got a couple of those from the 80's and they might be the best-sounding metal records I own, bar none. Seems a shame to only release the 7-inch versions with tinier artwork and reduced SQ.

I still can't find an American link to the box + first three albums.

Thanks for this. Just preordered.

I ordered the UK box as a placeholder yesterday.  It was listed at 42.99GBP.  Excluding VAT, the box was 35.83GBP and standard shipping (probably 7-10 days) was 3.08GBP for a total of 38.91GBP.  Based on yesterday's exchange rate, it was something around $64 or so which is about the price of the 3 albums from Amazon US.  The UK box says Parlaphone on the spine so presumably the individual LPs will also say that.  The US versions will say BMG or whatever.  I still haven't figured out if they are identical pressings and just packaged differently or if they are separately pressed in each country.