PO Soon: Grouper - Ruins October 31

rooks

A friend of mine just received their copy, looks good! (the print on the right is from the Vessel EP, not this release): 

Those look amazing together. I was also planning on framing the special edition Ruins artwork.

What you call the Vessel EP is the Roy Montgomery split, right? That came out before I got into Grouper and the interwebs is being slightly mysterious about any "Vessel EP" from Liz Harris.

I was thinking / hoping the Special Edition was going to still have the Kranky artwork inside the outer art sleeve! Nope, sadly. I think the cover art on this release is my favorite of all her releases...shucks...still happy to have the LTD ED copy of course...man and a few have sold for over $100....wow

That original cover is definitely on of the most gorgeous ones ever. Considering getting the regular version just for the cover alone. Compared to what the special edition is, it won't seem like too much of an expenditure, ha.

Those look amazing together. I was also planning on framing the special edition Ruins artwork.

What you call the Vessel EP is the Roy Montgomery split, right? That came out before I got into Grouper and the interwebs is being slightly mysterious about any "Vessel EP" from Liz Harris.

Yeah, I'm assuming that. Too lazy to check my copy to see if the insert is the same. They repressed it last year, so you should definitely pick it up. Roy Montgomery rules.

^^ The only difference usually is the inner sleeve or insert will be printed versus screen printed...This is the case for many of her issued editions. (of course some with variance in the cover art itself but seldom) 

Another 500 may take a little longer to sell. The RAUM LP they did the same thing and the second batch I think is still available, and once it came out the first press went down to "retail" value from a much higher rate. I bet once the second batch comes the first will drop from above $100 back down to like $60 or so....Makes no difference to me, but I just enjoy studying trends in vinyl sales (nerd, I know)

Then again this album is getting praised as one of her best so who knows I may be way off! If you missed the boat the first round, defiantly grab it! (guessing it will be white with black lines, or even white on white?) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Anything and everything. Liz can do no wrong, really – you'll find less piano in the rest of her discography, but it's all so very worth checking out.

I've listened to a bunch of her other stuff, and I'm not really a big fan, which bums me out, haha.  I'd love to find other artists that maybe have a similar vibe to this album, with the piano.  I guess I wasn't specific enough with my last post!

I've listened to a bunch of her other stuff, and I'm not really a big fan, which bums me out, haha. I'd love to find other artists that maybe have a similar vibe to this album, with the piano. I guess I wasn't specific enough with my last post!

My bad, I thought you were looking to branch out with more Grouper. So you're after something with vocals on the more ethereal side, with emphasis on piano? I'll have to skim my library later, because nothing close to Ruins is coming to mind.

• 1 year later...