[PO] Inter Arma - The Cavern - Out 10.15 - (FFO : deafheaven, black metal, sludge)

cavern_cokebottlegreen_364.jpg

Inter Arma follow up their universally acclaimed ‘Sky Burial’ with the epic 40+ minute one-song ‘The Cavern’ ep. Recorded during breaks from the relentless touring the band did on the ‘Sky Burial’ album with the likes of Baroness, Russian Circles and more, this new ep is the ultimate exhibition of the genius that Inter Arma have always hinted at. Unparalleled musicianship meets the soulfully deranged vocalis of Mike Paparo to create one of the most impressive pieces of metal to be released this year. Shifting from Americana laced extreme metal to doom to stoner rock to prog all within a single song, Inter Arma’s ‘The Cavern’ is an opus that will surely be heralded for years to come along the likes of Sleep’s ‘Dopesmoker’ as a work of true artistic vision and endurance.

Pressing Info:

First Press

1600 x Black Standard Gram

300 x Coke Bottle Green *Relapse.com Exclusive*

100 x Clear (do not request clear)

Green - http://www.relapse.com/the-cavern-ep-lp-84862.html

Black - http://www.relapse.com/the-cavern-ep-lp.html

I enjoyed their last album well enough, but never got around to picking it up. That coke bottle green is mighty tempting, this time around.

I picked mine up during a sale of some kind, if I remember right.  I'm trying to limit my purchasing to 'essentials' right now, so I'm probably going to hold off on this until I can hear it.  The fact that it's a 40 minute song intrigues me quite a bit.

They are just up the road from me in Richmond, VA - deletedunknown's neck of the woods. Underwhelmed by their opening set for Russian Circles this year, but better than KEN mode - not saying much (apologies to and KM fans).  

Overwhelmed by the BO, yikes! 

Their studio work sounds better to me, but most have the opposite opinion - oh well - and with Relapse having picked them up and really hot for them, they should get better exposure than the Richmond music scene.

A 40 minute opus - definitely curious about this...

This may be a dumb question, but how will they gracefully split the song in half for the B side of the LP?

There might be a good point in the song to split it or it might be a slightly different version than the CD that allows for it to be divided.  Jesu's Infinite is a 40+ minute track and they did a different version for the LP and split it at an appropriate time.

• 1 month later...

Got my record and CD yesterday. I haven't had the chance to spin the record yet since I'm in the process of moving and my record player is packed away but I did listen to the CD. This song is pretty fucking awesome. There is a slow, mellow part in the middle. So I'm assuming that is where they split the song.