Rare copy of Neil Young's - Time Fades Away

As any Neil Young collector understands, grabbing a fantastic copy of Time Fades Away is a must! Over the weekend I finally found mine and was over excited and ready to listen. The jacket, the lyric sheet and the vinyl are all in amazing shape, so I knew this was a good copy. Before I put the album on I glanced at the track listing to see the songs that were included and then put it on. It was quite quickly I realized even though I had the sleeve, lyric sheet and correct label on the vinyl that I wasnt listening to Time Fades Away. Soon after I realized what I was listening to was Side 2 of Jimi Hendrix's Electric Ladyland. I listened all the way through to see if there were any other oddities and then flipped it over to give the other side a listen. The other side was Side 3 of Electric Ladyland. Immediately, I researched to see if this was common and came up with nothing. I also found it strange that even for a misprint it was weird that it was sides 2 and 3 not 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 or Electric Ladyland. Has anyone ever heard of this before? Could I have stumbled on a big time rarity? Any insight would be wonderful! Thanks a lot! 

Electric Lady Land was one of those 2LPs marketed towards stacking players, so disc one was side 1 & 4, and disc two was side 2 & 3. At least that's how my early 70's reissue is. Both on Reprise getting stamped around the same time, chances are this is a weird factory mispress. Doubt it's worth anything though. I'd try to get your money back.

Electric Lady Land was one of those 2LPs marketed towards stacking players, so disc one was side 1 & 4, and disc two was side 2 & 3. At least that's how my early 70's reissue is. Both on Reprise getting stamped around the same time, chances are this is a weird factory mispress. Doubt it's worth anything though. I'd try to get your money back.

I learned something new today. How cool.

Probably rare

Probably not worth much, except maybe to a die hard collector of Young or Hendrix

It'd be cool if there was some weird story behind it like Neil thought Electric Ladyland was the best album of all time and had one copy pressed like that as some sort of homage to Jimi and decided to let fate decide which person got it.

Probably rare

Probably not worth much, except maybe to a die hard collector of Young or Hendrix

It'd be cool if there was some weird story behind it like Neil thought Electric Ladyland was the best album of all time and had one copy pressed like that as some sort of homage to Jimi and decided to let fate decide which person got it.

yes like wonkas golden ticket. I know they did share a helicopter ride (i think) at woodstock