Ferguson, and other issues

I was a little miffed that the protesters didn't really have a goal, or anything to accomplish. Like they could make people aware in so many other ways. Then I heard an interview today on NPR about a couple of journalists who were beckoned over by the police. They came out of the alley with hands raised presenting themselves multiples times as journalists, as the media. Repeatedly over and over again. The were taken out of the alley and fired upon like a firing squad with rubber bullets, for no reason. Then jailed for 8 hours. This police station has been given military equipment in 2007 for whatever reason. The military is giving this city equipment to use on American civilians. If this was Egyptian protests, or protests in Libya, we would be sending military troops to support and show our disapproval. Yet, we do this ion our own soil. Granted the scale is much smaller compared to what happened in Egypt during their protests, but the situations bare certain similarities. I'm saddened really.

How do you feel about the situation, Eric?

I feel like what's happening now and with all the drama, this cop is gonna get in trouble they're gonna serve justice no doubt, but that's to sorta pacify the town's folk. I'm scared that, when this all blows over nothing's going to change in the bigger scheme of things, cop's will still abuse their power and get away with it, and there will always be this racial undertone to the US justice system, and everything's gonna go back to the way it was before. Yes all eyes are on Ferguson, but what people are forgetting/failing the understand is the bigger issue, that Micheal's story was just an isolated incident. Shit like this happens all the time will little to no media coverage, the difference is that the people are fighting back this time and when they did they got attacked. (Despite the mass media's attempts to paint the citizens in the bad light) I'm just scared that when this all blows over that nothing's going to change, and it will go back to the exact same way it was, until we get another Ferguson that brings this to the attention of the mass media. 

I could go on about how we run around trying to fix the injustice in other counties, but do nothing to stop it in our own county, or I could tell you how tear gas is banded in international warfare by the Geneva Convention, or how the FPD are way out of line. I could show you the parallels to this and the 2nd civil rights movement, but it's nothing that hasn't been said already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwXwEWmAqvE

Watch this video before it gets taken down, 

CNN reporter Fredricka Whitfield interviews the Store Owner’s Lawyer (from the store that was “robbed” by Micheal Brown”) As the lawyer begins to explain what really happened, cnn “loses the feed”

I've mentioned my stance on it before but I'll summarize. There seems to be a lot of commentary revolving around Mike Brown deserving it and that's disheartening. If he robbed/shoplifted from that store, he deserved to be held accountable. That in no way shape or form meant shoot him dead in the street.

(yes I know the cop didn't know about the shoplifting at the time)

As for the rioting, that is media spin. What's not being reported is that most of the people being arrested for that are not from the area. Race baiters plain and simple. There are people who are protesting peacefully against a longstanding contentious relationship with the local PD, but this isn't something that sells papers/garners clicks. Hence why all we hear about is the angry black mob upset about a shooting.

I love John Oliver...but his report glossed over A LOT!

The protests during the day have been great with almost very little problems and people getting their word out.

After ten though most locals go home, then things get bad.  The people that are looting, getting arrested, causing problems are not people from Ferguson.  Why do non-local people need to be out on the streets after midnight "protesting"?

The last few nights at this time of night there has also been more "reporters" than protesters.  They are only accelerating the problems. 

Are the cops perfect, no.  Are the protesters perfect, no. Is the media perfect, no.  The worst 1% of each of these groups though is what you are seeing on social media though and it is really blowing things way out of proportion.

Wasn't it reported that the cop had a fractured bone in his face? I have no opinion about this other than the fact that both parties for and against the cop seem to place 100% of the blame on either the cop or the dead guy. They both fucked up, everyone is at least a little bit shitty.