Fixing a "broken record"

I was sold a record that was labeled as VG+. Most parts of are mint. Really was a steal except for this one problem - have you ever heard the phrase broken record? Well it does that at the end of the record.

The guy said he'd do a refund I just want to know can I fix the loop it does. It's at the end of a song it's not horrible if I can take that out I'll keep it. Otherwise I'm going to get the refund.

If you can respond quickly I would appreciate it.

The album showed up dirty I did a visual analysis and knew it was mint and he didn't play it. But you really gotta play them for things like this.

It's Steely Dan can't buy a thrill first pressing. It's mint you can tell from looking at it, but you absolutely have to play them. Dude never played it. Just let it collect dust.

Speaking of Sgt. Pepper's I bought that album for about $33 dollars but I trust that guy so much. I mean the other store it's like they didn't always have things priced right. I've overpaid and underpaid. Sgt. Peppers that album has like 2 pops and they're inaudible. 

Back to Steely Dan in the sun? How long? Or is this a joke? I put down about 20 for this.

edit: back to paying if you pay I'd rather pay what it's worth.

its highly unlikely this 40 year old album is mint.  odds are, it has also been played.

with that said, ive had several albums that have pops and even some that have loops on first play, typically Ive seen this in bootleg or lower quality pressings.  also, it seems to happen with heavier weight (i.e. more modern) vinyl.

if it doesnt have an obvious scratch in it, it could be a pressing flaw.

could also be an issue with your stylus (counterweight or anti-skate set too low?)

some pretty extreme scratch fixing methods for vinyl "repair"

It's not the stylus. 

Look you look at a record and you know, you play it to be sure. Sgt. Peppers well I knew and yea there are pops but inauduble. 

Either hasn't been played or taken care of (wouldn't know).

I saw something about an eraser on youtube but I don't want to ruin it.

They have that look. 

First of all...You paid way too much for that album.

Second of all...everything everyone else has said.

Thirdly, don't listen to spooky boo (hey boo) up there, who said to put it in the sun, that's too slow, set your oven at 300 degrees and put it in there for about 5 minutes. So much faster.

Edit: Forgot to say, preheat for 10 minutes, otherwise it won't work right.

First of all...You paid way too much for that album.

Second of all...everything everyone else has said.

Thirdly, don't listen to spooky boo (hey boo) up there, who said to put it in the sun, that's too slow, set your oven at 300 degrees and put it in there for about 5 minutes. So much faster.

<33

Play the record and when the skip part approaches, put a lot of force on your stylus to carve out the bad shit and make it one continuous groove again. I do it all the time and it works like a charm. Sometimes you have to put so much pressure downward that the record stops spinning. When that happens, use your free hand to keep moving the record and it will still work.