OUT NOW: Pianos Become the Teeth - Keep You (10/28/2014)

While I definitely enjoyed this album quite a bit after a few listens, it wasn't until after I saw their release show in Chicago that I gained the appreciation I now have for it.

It's interesting though, that these songs are incredibly more dynamic live than they are on the album. The drum work is somewhat subdued and subtle on the album, but holy hell does he pound these songs live...like Animal from the Muppets style. Kyle also put greater emphasis on shouting/screaming some of the lyrics, particularly the more cathartic lines, as could be expected. 

It's interesting though, that these songs are incredibly more dynamic live than they are on the album. The drum work is somewhat subdued and subtle on the album, but holy hell does he pound these songs live...like Animal from the Muppets style. Kyle also put greater emphasis on shouting/screaming some of the lyrics, particularly the more cathartic lines, as could be expected. 

This. Saw them live right before the record came out and the new stuff they played was great. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

For anyone who's looking for the hot topic variant, it's still showing up, but only through this link. It's not listed on the vinyl section of the website. I just ordered a copy and hoping it goes through.

http://www.hottopic.com/hottopic/Pianos+Become+The+Teeth+-+Keep+You+Vinyl+LP+Hot+Topic+Exclusive-10276218.jsp

• 4 weeks later...