The I need a new guitar so buy my records thread. RAGC. YFW (iodine). Bad Books. All Get Out. Etc.

atticus

[EDIT] - Thanks for all the support! I was able to get a guitar that's comparable to what I lost.. Hooray for happyish endings..

Feel free to keep making offers.. Even less motivated to sell and won't be bumping this again. Thanks so much again.. Hope you all enjoy your records!!

As the title states.. Sadly I am in need of a new electric guitar as mine was stolen a few weeks ago. I want to replace it with something nice and therefore I am reluctantly parting with some of my more favorite records. Make me offers if you see something you want, be advised- I'm not giving these away but I'll probably be better than eBay. I will close the sale as soon as I have enough money to justify buying a guitar I can't afford. Get at me!

Right Away Great Captain - Trilogy

Brand New - Your Favorite Weapon (white iodine press /100)

Bad Books - Bad Books (yellow)

All Get Out - The Season (orange marble) SOLD

Thrice - Vheissu (hot topic press)

Dashboard Confessional - Swiss Army Romance (1st press) SOLD

The Receiving End of Sirens - The Earth Sings Mi Fa Mi

The Rocket Summer - Calendar Days (Yellow)

The Killers - Hot Fuss (Clear Blue hot topic box -no shirt) SOLD

The Black Keys - Brothers (RSD 2010 Edition - 45 rpm w/ bonus 10") PENDING

Something Corporate - Leaving Through the Window (White) /500

Kevin Devine - Split The Country, Split The Streets/Make The Clocks Move (black/white /500)

Kevin Devine - Put Your Ghosts to Rest (Orange/White /500)

Blink 182 - Dude Ranch (Clear Green MTS press /500)

At The Drive-In - Relationship of Command (Orange Marble RSD /3000)

311 - Soundsystem

Damn, best of luck on this. These are some killer records. Some that I'm certain I don't currently have enough for sadly. I'm sure you'll fund your new axe in no time, though. And fuck whoever stole the other one.

Thanks, replacing a Gibson ES is probably going to be impossible, but hopefully I can find something that I'm comfortable playing that's not too shabby.

Thanks, replacing a Gibson ES is probably going to be impossible, but hopefully I can find something that I'm comfortable playing that's not too shabby.

Check out the epiphone dot deluxe if you're looking for a great mid priced guitar to get you back on your feet. Feels/sounds very similar to the ES series gibsons, but for about 1/4 the price.

Check out the Fender Starcaster

Check out the epiphone dot deluxe if you're looking for a great mid priced guitar to get you back on your feet. Feels/sounds very similar to the ES series gibsons, but for about 1/4 the price.

http://www.washburn.com/products/electric/HB36K.html

This is the one I currently have my sights set on.. There isn't much out there as far as reviews go that isn't clearly written by someone trying to sell the guitar, but I played one at my local shop and it sounds amazing through an ac15 which is my current amp.. for me it actually edged out the dot deluxe just in terms of tone and just the way it felt around my neck. Never played a starcaster, I'll have to check that out before I make my final decision. Thanks for the feedback!

Also, I am not ignoring anyone's pms.. they have all been read and are being considered.. a couple of people have expressed concern with me not taking offers that I deem low.. please know that it is not an insult to you if i decline your offer, most of these records hold immense sentimental value for me and in many cases I am breaking up collections of some of my favorite bands that took a long time to complete, so I am holding out for the right offer. If in a few days I haven't gotten the offers I am looking for, I will either begin to consider lower offers or come up with another way to raise money. I thought I made it fairly clear in the OP that while I will probably be more reasonable than ebay, I'm not running a charity so you probably aren't going to snag a white whale on the cheap. again, this is nothing personal against you- this is me needing to fund an unexpected major expense and wanting to get a close approximation to what my records are worth.

that said, there have also been some really great offers so thank you for the support!

• 1 month later...