PO NOW: TWIABP - Between Bodies

If I recall on their tumblr they said that there wouldn't be a ton of spoken word on this or something like that. It's gonna sound like nothing else they've put out.

I don't think that's accurate at all.  This is a collaboration with a spoken word poet. 

The World Is has grown in both ambition and numbers, constantly finding new distances for their poignant, sparkling aesthetic. Between Bodies, the band’s forthcoming EP, finds the Connecticut indie collective imultaneously reaching the most essential version of their cinematic, twilit sound while challenging both themselves and the listener. A collaboration with spoken word artist and activist Chris Zizzamia, the album pairs compelling, impressionist post-rock landscapes to narratives of death, love, existentialism, and the human condition. ” - Chad Jewett, Half Cloth

While still enjoying their debut full length, I've kinda grown to dislike the band and their release/money-making policies. This whole "let's put out thirty+ variants of every note we record"-strategy is an unsympathetic way to go imo. I'm not remotely into variant collecting, so my dismay doesn't have anything to do with being frustrated by having an incomplete collection, I just seem to grow tired of the hype. Also not interested in this new album/ep/split/whatever.

This is the first vinyl release the band has put out themselves. Topshelf has put out everything else for them and the only reason there are so many variants is because Topshelf represses the releases when they sell out. So you're butthurt over pretty much nothing.

This is the first vinyl release the band has put out themselves. Topshelf has put out everything else for them and the only reason there are so many variants is because Topshelf represses the releases when they sell out. So you're butthurt over pretty much nothing.

This. They're repressing 500-1000 at a time and the only vinyl release they've done themselves has 2 variants.

It's also not like each repress has more than one variant either.

While still enjoying their debut full length, I've kinda grown to dislike the band and their release/money-making policies. This whole "let's put out thirty+ variants of every note we record"-strategy is an unsympathetic way to go imo. I'm not remotely into variant collecting, so my dismay doesn't have anything to do with being frustrated by having an incomplete collection, I just seem to grow tired of the hype. Also not interested in this new album/ep/split/whatever.

Gonna quote you directly too, if you don't care about variant collecting then why do you care?

No butthurting at all, just my impression. And while you are absolutely right about topshelf being responsible for the variant-craziness, their 1/1 variant milking-game goes on them. So everybody get happy with this new release and good luck to anyone trying to hunt all the variants down the road, it's just not for me any more I guess.

The same kid bought all TWO of those /1 releases so fuck him, he clearly has too much money to begin with.

I'm sure everyone would appreciate them more if they just pull a What It Takes to Move Forward on all their releases.

This still hurts my soul as I flashback to NOT buying the grey because I wanted the pink more and figured I'd find a copy 

No butthurting at all, just my impression. And while you are absolutely right about topshelf being responsible for the variant-craziness, their 1/1 variant milking-game goes on them. So everybody get happy with this new release and good luck to anyone trying to hunt all the variants down the road, it's just not for me any more I guess.

You need to make up your mind. What does it matter if there is some random 1/1 variant? You don't remotely care.

Those "unique" variants of Formlessness were just a gift to a few members of the band from their friend who works at the Gotta Groove Records plant. So they're not really an "official" variant put out by the band or Topshelf. The only reason they were put up for sale was because Derrick needed money to pay rent or something, so it's not like they're rolling in cash or anything.

No matter what I'm looking forward to this release. Does anyone know if the UK/Euro variant have different artwork or anything like that. I keep telling myself I don't need tons of variants, but sometimes it's hard not to...

Aside from the no responses from BWM (which I haven't personally experienced), I'd say BWM and TWIABP are genuine people. Not like I personally know any of them, but they don't give off a bad vibe. Obviously their shit is popular so there are gonna be a ton of pressings and a ton of music. And I'll buy all of their release, just no way in hell I'd ever try for the variants lol. Can't wait for this though.

Does anyone know if the UK/Euro variant have different artwork or anything like that. I keep telling myself I don't need tons of variants, but sometimes it's hard not to...

It will have the same art, give or take a few minor differences. I'm working on some pretty cool colourways for my press though.

I was waiting for someone to post this... This is gonna be a funny ass thread with all the haters of Chris.

Going back, he's not bad on the Audiotree session, and I think he'll be fine on this. But seeing it live was hands down the worst thing I've had to sit through at a concert in recent memory.