Albums That Differ From Their CD Counterparts

Through my years of record buying I've come across some lps that have bonus tracks, alternative mixes, or different track orders than the CD versions.  I'm not really interested in CD's that have bonus songs, as there were a ton of them in the 80's to help persuade people who already had the album to buy the CD.  I looked for a thread that would list these and was unable to find one, so here goes...

AFI, all of their Nitro records had LP only songs

Down By Law, All Scratched Up! has an extra 6 songs on it

Marilyn Manson, Mechanical Animals has different track order

Nine Inch Nails, The Fragile has different mixes of The Day the World Went Away, The Wretched, Even Deeper, La Mer, and Ripe.  The Fragile also has 2 extra songs on it, 10 Miles High and The New Flesh

NoFX, So Long...Different Mix of Murder The Government

I know there has to be a slew more, so add whatever you can think of...

A few of the Mighty Mighty Bosstones albums have bonus tracks

Question the Answers - Pirate Ship

Let's Face It (1st Press) - Wrong Thing Right Then

Pay Attention - Meaning, Skeleton Song (Demo), Simmer Down (Live), New England Memories 

Pin Points and Gin Joints - Feeling Today

The Magic of Youth - I Should Have Said Something

One that I know of off the top of my head is Cloudkicker's Subsume. On the vinyl edition, the ending to 'A Weather Front...' is actually the intro to 'He Would Be Riding...'

Not a huge difference--and I assume it was just to get the album to fit on a single LP--but I actually love it this way. It combines two of my favorite sections of the album into one slab of awesomeness. 

I remembered another one while typing this: My copy of Converge's You Fail Me has the track 'Wolves At My Door.' I think that song was originally only on the Japan CD and now on more recent pressing of the LP. 

Nine Inch Nails, The Fragile has different mixes of The Day the World Went Away, The Wretched, Even Deeper, La Mer, and Ripe.  The Fragile also has 2 extra songs on it, 10 Miles High and The New Flesh

I never knew that about the different mixes - I always wanted to own the vinyl version for 10 Miles High and The New Flesh but would be even more interested if there are different mixes!

I never knew that about the different mixes - I always wanted to own the vinyl version for 10 Miles High and The New Flesh but would be even more interested if there are different mixes!

I found out about the different mixes from wikipedia.  I was reading up on The Fragile while bored at work one day.  I bought the double record when it first came out and never have heard the cd version.  I didn't even know it had different songs on it till I read the wiki page.  Another release I found out the differences about from wikipedia was Mechanical Animals.  I bought that LP when it came out too, and years later I picked up the used CD of it.  I listened to the CD once in my car and something didn't sit right with me...I just assumed that it was one of those albums that need to be played on record.  Then I read the wiki page about it and the realized the differnet track order was why it didn't soud right to me... :P

Alkaline Trio's Remains compilation has a couple tracks out of order. I had the CD first so when I first heard the LP it threw me off. 'Buried' is moved up between 'Warbrain' and 'Fine Without You'. Then 'Don't Say You Won't' is moved up between 'Sadie' and 'If You Had A Bad Time'. Originally they were both at the end right before the live tracks. 

When Fearless finally pressed Sugarcult's "Start Static" the label added "Say I'm Sorry" as a bonus track (the album was also supposed to have "No Action" but it was not on the LP)

I think it is pretty interesting that the pre-gap from Relient K's "MMHMM" CD is included on the Vinyl release as a last track. They also included "Apathetic Way To Be" on the vinyl which was from the "Apathetic EP" that followed "MMHMM"