PO: Jesu - "Conqueror" repress

I'm surprised no ones flipping out over the $30 price tag. I guess things are different when its an actual good release from a solid label. 

Hydra Head is always a bit on the pricier side... but realistically, I think $30 for a double LP is only $4-7 more than what I'm used to spending.  Not a huge markup... and like you said, the label puts out a quality product + press.  I don't think I own a single Hydra Head album that sounds shitty.

And that being said, I should probably get around to listening to this album...

I'm surprised no ones flipping out over the $30 price tag. I guess things are different when its an actual good release from a solid label. 

...yet. This is both a Hydra Head and a Justin Broadrick release so it's not gonna be cheap. I remember a few years back they printed new covers to fit overrun vinyl of Jesu's "Silver" EP and sold them for $20 each, and I think the "Heartache & Dethroned" 2xLP package they did was close to $30. Plus, from what I've been able to gather of their recent releases they do double LPs in single pocket jackets for upwards of $25, so this will probably have a gatefold at $30. 

I remember a few years back they printed new covers to fit overrun vinyl of Jesu's "Silver" EP and sold them for $20 each,

And they didn't even include all of the inserts. Glad I had a chance to get the white splatter for less than Discogs prices but still.

• 2 weeks later...

HH just posted on Facebook confirming this as well as Godflesh cassettes:

"October 7th is set to be a big day for Justin K Broadrick fans. We're releasing

GODFLESH - 'A World Lit Only By Fire' CS
GODFLESH - 'Decline & Fall' CS
JESU - 'Conqueror' 2xLP (First US press)

to coincide with the release of 'A World Lit Only By Fire' LP and CD on Avalanche Recordings.

The cassette versions of the new GODFLESH records are technically our first new releases since 2012.
Teenage dream come true.

Fingernails poking out of the grave..."

this man truly deserves all the love he is getting. Can't wait for this. Also still really hoping for a press of 'Ascension' someday...as well as 'Why Are We Not Perfect'.

Would a regular press of Why Are We Not Perfect be that necessary? The Eluvium split is only missing two songs and both are alternate versions. And Ascension is happening through Robotic Empire next year I think.

awesome about Ascension, I had no idea. and is it necessary? no, but I am not the biggest fan of splits and would rather have the Jesu material on its own. *shrug*

Sorry, didn't mean to word it like that. I just wasn't sure if you knew about the Eluvium split (I should have figured, knowing that you are a huge fan). I'd probably end up buying it if it was pressed on its own, too.