What's your White Whale record?

Too many to list them all. So just a few off the top of my head. These are not unattainable, but cost a bit more than I can afford, or justify on a record.

Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac Blue Horizon 1968 NM

Tad Daisy/Ritual Device Gold Vinyl Sub Pop

Meatmen Blud Sausage ep T&G

The Nig Heist Walking Down the Street single

Poison Idea Kings of Punk Portland Edition with all inserts.

10257680_833599540037639_461677608997695

10424274_833599570037636_915850990030778

The 13th Floor Elevators - "The Psychedelic Sounds of the 13th Floor Elevators" - (1966/first pressing/stereo)

So a dude locally found this for $20. I have a bunch of NOLA soul/funk 45's that I got for free. I've been selling them and I've made $200 from it. I paid $200 for this because it's VG++. But I pretty much got it free because I just transferred the funds to him in paypal. Either way, never thought I would own one. White Whale achieved!

Nice, a friend of mine has this, but he has everything, LOL.

Senses Fail - The Fire - 180g Black /100

It has been a bitch for me to try and find this. The album hasn't been sold on Discogs since 2012, and twice have I pursued someone who put it up for sale on here, only to find out that they actually didn't have it anymore because they forgot they sold it at an earlier point in time.

One of the few variants I need to complete my collection but it's been quite difficult so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Jets To Brazil - Orange Rhyming Dictionary. One will come up eventually; I just haven't been quick enough off the mark on Discogs when they do.

Paw - Dragline. Thought I had this in the bag a few weeks ago. Didn't

Palomar - A World Without Horses. First of all - not THAT Palomar. This was an offshoot of Paw (above). Second, it's a CD. Never released on vinyl. Apparently only sold at shows. No Discogs entry. Found it to download on Bandcamp, which is something.

Senses Fail - The Fire - 180g Black /100

It has been a bitch for me to try and find this. The album hasn't been sold on Discogs since 2012, and twice have I pursued someone who put it up for sale on here, only to find out that they actually didn't have it anymore because they forgot they sold it at an earlier point in time.

One of the few variants I need to complete my collection but it's been quite difficult so far.

Dude I have one of these randomly and I don't care to have it.  Message me and let's work something out. 

I thought I posted after this but I can't find it. I have since found the Old Pine EP (2x7" and 10") and was on the hunt for Ben Howard's Every Kingdom on cassette, which was delivered to me yesterday (yay!)

So now I am looking for Ben Howard - Black Flies 7".

Only 100 exist and they were purchased on RSD a few years back in the UK through a Talenthouse competition. I found one on eBay once and it was located only a few towns away from me, which was weird. I was outbid by $5. Ugh.

If all goes according to plan, I should have the Black Flies 7" in hand by early next week. :) :) :) :)

I learned about this mysterious "live sessions" 12" by Ben Howard that some websites in AUS are giving away recently... I cannot find any info about this record. I'll be so bummed if I have to go on a hunt yet again to complete my Ben Howard collection.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally found my #1 white whale today. Joe Hisaishi - "My Neighbor Totoro". This was the first Studio Ghibli movie I had seen and next to Spirited Away, my favorite of their soundtracks. The full score and songs were only pressed once in 1988 and has since been very difficult to find in Japan and ESPECIALLY the U.S., I got very lucky and was able to snatch this up when it popped up on discogs. 

joP4YSa.jpg

Finally found my #1 white whale today. Joe Hisaishi - "My Neighbor Totoro". This was the first Studio Ghibli movie I had seen and next to Spirited Away, my favorite of their soundtracks. The full score and songs were only pressed once in 1988 and has since been very difficult to find in Japan and ESPECIALLY the U.S., I got very lucky and was able to snatch this up when it popped up on discogs. 

joP4YSa.jpg

Great score, I looked everywhere when I was in Japan.

How much did you end up paying?

If all goes according to plan, I should have the Black Flies 7" in hand by early next week. :) :) :) :)

I learned about this mysterious "live sessions" 12" by Ben Howard that some websites in AUS are giving away recently... I cannot find any info about this record. I'll be so bummed if I have to go on a hunt yet again to complete my Ben Howard collection.

Got that Black Flies 7"!

Still no idea about that Live Sessions 12", so as for right now I'm considering my vinyl collection complete.

Jets To Brazil - Orange Rhyming Dictionary. One will come up eventually; I just haven't been quick enough off the mark on Discogs when they do.

Paw - Dragline. Thought I had this in the bag a few weeks ago. Didn't

Palomar - A World Without Horses. First of all - not THAT Palomar. This was an offshoot of Paw (above). Second, it's a CD. Never released on vinyl. Apparently only sold at shows. No Discogs entry. Found it to download on Bandcamp, which is something.

I believe I have an extra copy of Dragline I could sell you. PM if interested. I can't even believe someone else on these boards likes Paw!