What's your White Whale record?

1 minute ago, DOMAN127 said:

I don't know where you're based, but I don't think international shipping is ever gonna be much cheaper. Plus, that's only like $29. I wouldn't call something readily available for under $30 a white whale; the term implies it's hard to find.

I know and I get what you are saying, but still something doesn't click for me to pay more for shipping than the actual record.

And maybe it isn't a white whale in the true sense of the meaning, but for me it kind of is.

I'm from Belgium by the way.

Just now, siemprepe said:

I know and I get what you are saying, but still something doesn't click for me to pay more for shipping than the actual record.

And maybe it isn't a white whale in the true sense of the meaning, but for me it kind of is.

I'm from Belgium by the way.

I'm not from Belgium but I have shipped there before; doesn't shipping from the US always hover around that price when it comes to LPs?

2 minutes ago, DOMAN127 said:

I'm not from Belgium but I have shipped there before; doesn't shipping from the US always hover around that price when it comes to LPs?

Yes, I guess it does. Most of the time I try to get my orders through european retailers.

When I do order from the U.S., I bulk them up with multiple items so the shipping gets dissipated (if that is the correct english term).

Another drawback from ordering from the U.S. is the customs costs. This in combination with the shipping, makes for really expensive records.

Buying the same record in europe would be a lot cheaper (if only I could find them ;))

On 2/19/2017 at 10:29 PM, throughbeingcruel said:

Those Gallows records are probably never getting repressed unfortunately. But if I end up being wrong sometime down the line, I'll be very very excited. Frank Carter is a fucking enigma. 

Didn't realize the Gallows stuff was so in demand.  I have a copy of Grey Brittian I would gladly trade, haven't played it in years. (It's not mint)

• 3 months later...

Update:

Gallows - grey britain

Gallows - Orchestra of wolves

With the punches - seams and stitches

Take it back! - atrocities

Creeper - s/t

Creeper - the callous heart

Bayside - killing time ->Found on discogs after a long wait and matching price.

Shiny toy guns - we are pilots

Daggermouth - turf wars -> Found on discogs after a long wait.

Madsen -labyrinth

Madsen - friedem in krieg

Alkaline trio - s/t -> Found it in a bin at a fair somewhere. Really lucky shot.

Swellers -- good for me

Direct hit - domesplitter -> Got the reprint

architects - daybreaker

Now I am actively looking for With the punches - seams and stitches. If anyone has a lead on this? or is willing to sell their copy?

It's been a while since I have woken up and first thing I do is look for a particular record. But this has been my life lately,  but finally The search is over! I have only seen it for sale one other time and got out bid last second. However today I finally scored one of my White Whales : AUTOLUX - live at Third Man Records,. Limited edition Black & Blue split colored vinyl, available only to those in attendance. I have no idea how many of these got pressed, but it can't be many...

4 hours ago, elvismcvegas said:

My white whale right now is an OG Funkadelic - Maggot Brain in decent condition. There's a few on discogs but they all seem over priced for the condition. I've managed to find most of the other albums locally but maggot brain still alludes me. 

I also wanted og but caved in when saw it on Amazon for $9

German pressing 2006

Not gatefold or anything, but sufficient until I can also get ahold of an OG

For me it used to be "August and Everything After" by Counting Crows, but I found a copy in a shop in Antwerp while on vacation two summers ago. Now that leaves me with:

Motion City Soundtrack - My Dinosaur Life

Counting Crows - This Desert Life (hoping the recent represses mean this is coming soon)

• 3 weeks later...

My angsty teenage self skipped buying this when it came out. I was pissed off that my favorite band put a record out on a major and "sold out".  Years later I came to my senses and realized this is an awesome record. It's been a white whale of mine every since. Finally grabbed a copy of this for a decent price. 
IMG_2502_zpsq6mnfpve.jpg

Edited by kylet