What's your White Whale record?

Manic Street Preachers - Suicide Alley

Their first 7" from back in 1988, 100 of the 300 pressed had handmade covers made by the guy who ended up being the 2nd guitarist/lyricist later on.

It's my white whale because I don't know if I'll ever have the money to get a copy if they come up. Especially if it's part of that 100/300. The Blue picture sleeve is expensive enough. I've asked Jello Biafra if he'd ever sell his. He said he prefers to trade. Yeah, like I'd ever have anything Jello wants to trade for.

Longtime white whale that I acquired?

Earlier this year, I picked up a sticker sealed promotional remix copy of Everything Must Go by Manic Street Preachers. It was the last one I needed of the 8 remix 12" promos they released between 1996 and 1999 (spanning four singles from two albums each). This was easily the most expensive, but I now own sealed copies of all of them. Now to track down the white label copies... 7 more to go on that one...

The only record I've spent a decent amount of time looking for is Off With Their Heads - Fine Tuning The Bender 7".

It went for around $20-30 for the longest time, and that was too much for me at the time. Then one happened to go for upwards of $75 on eBay and every asshole that had copies started expecting that much. I eventually found a copy for $15 on here.

how could something that hasnt been pressed possibly be a white whale...

Good question. Clearly my original post was confusing and nobody seems to understand or is able to answer.

Congratulations on finding such a diamond while sifting through the gravel on the side of the road of the highway of life.

LOL! +1

like 12 years ago i saw a copy of the meat puppets' s/t debut at a local record store for like $8 or something and passed it up because i hadn't heard it at that point. turns out it's one of my favorite records ever and i've been looking for a copy forever. i don't do the whole ebay thing at all and i don't spend more than $15 or so on used lps as a rule, but i finally got a copy today.

like 12 years ago i saw a copy of the meat puppets' s/t debut at a local record store for like $8 or something and passed it up because i hadn't heard it at that point. turns out it's one of my favorite records ever and i've been looking for a copy forever. i don't do the whole ebay thing at all and i don't spend more than $15 or so on used lps as a rule, but i finally got a copy today.

That record is amazing! They also made thousands of them so it isn't expensive or that hard to find really, especially considering its age.

Now you just have to find a copy of it on red vinyl. That's the tough one!