What's your White Whale record?

Fuck i have a lot:

Jawbreaker - "Live" LP

Screaming Sneakers - Marching Orders 12" EP

Princes of Peace - X-Ray Proved 7" pic dsc

I'd love to have my original #13/100 Jawbreaker Live LP back.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/30798343?ev=bp_titl

Jawbreaker - Live 4/30/96 (LP, Ltd)

Label: Allied Recordings (US)

Cat#:Allied No. 100

Media Condition:Mint (M)

Sleeve Condition:Very Good Plus (VG+)

STILL SEALED!!! an unnumbered band copy, has 2 creases to the top corners but all corners are mint.

View Release Page

* Seller:fridayschild

* Rating:100.0% positive (342)

* Ships From:United States

$ 299.99

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man, but I think you guys have to aim a little higher or reevaluate what the definition of a "white whale" record is.

"white whale" = I'M NEVER GOING TO FUCKING FIND IT.

You know the whole Moby Dick, search your lifetime, all consuming, tortured soul thing? Yeah, that. Anything else is just a want list.

Have a great day.

haha

White whale: The Lawrence Arms - Buttsweat & Tears on clear purple vinyl /100 - The fact that I was about the 115th in queue doesn't make it less annoying that I didn't get one...

This is just weird... You were there and did NOT get one. I pre-ordered it and got one. Are there more than 100 of it?

And yes, I'm talking bout the clear purple one.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy old man, but I think you guys have to aim a little higher or reevaluate what the definition of a "white whale" record is.

You know the whole Moby Dick, search your lifetime, all consuming, tortured soul thing? Yeah, that. Anything else is just a want list.

Have a great day.

the ones i posted are limited to /1 and /2 respectively.... i do know where they are, and who has them.. but that doesn't help me much

I'm going to stick with the proper definition of a white whale, not just those that go for more money than I'm willing to pay (because that list would be huge).

Argyle Park - Misguided (only pressing was 3 acetates)
Blindside - Self-titled - glow in the dark pressing (might not be real)
Luti-Kriss / Travail - Split 7" (might not be real)
Eso-Charis - Setting Roots for the Winter
Teargas & Plateglass - A Uniquely Hostile Place (might not be real)

UPDATED:  Turns out Eso-Charis isn't so much a white whale, the black/blue pressing might be, but that's it.  I'm not actually sure the Blindside or Luti-Kriss pressings exist.  The Teargas and Plateglass single probably has a test pressing from talking to the "band"/label, but they weren't direct in their response.  There has not been any publicly available release anyway.  I have a lead on one of the Argyle Park pressings, not 100% sure they're acetates now, thinking they're probably test pressings.

Have a great day.

The /2 one you were supposed to get, but got lost in the mail, correct?

the ones i posted are limited to /1 and /2 respectively.... i do know where they are, and who has them.. but that doesn't help me much

Fuck i have a lot:

Jawbreaker - "Live" LP

Screaming Sneakers - Marching Orders 12" EP

Princes of Peace - X-Ray Proved 7" pic dsc

I'd love to have my original #13/100 Jawbreaker Live LP back.

http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/30798343?ev=bp_titl

Jawbreaker - Live 4/30/96 (LP, Ltd)

Label: Allied Recordings (US)

Cat#:Allied No. 100

Media Condition:Mint (M)

Sleeve Condition:Very Good Plus (VG+)

STILL SEALED!!! an unnumbered band copy, has 2 creases to the top corners but all corners are mint.

View Release Page

* Seller:fridayschild

* Rating:100.0% positive (342)

* Ships From:United States

$ 299.99

Thanks, but I'm looking specifically for my #13/100. I had to sell it years ago. It would be neat to get it back.

I already have an unnumbered copy as a placeholder, though. Maybe one day I can do a trade with whoever has #13.

Luti-Kriss / Travail - Split 7"

this does not exist

Eso-Charis - Setting Roots for the Winter

this pops up on ebay somewhat regularly. you should be able to get it for 5 or 6 bucks.

An ex-band member hinted that the Luti-kriss split might exist. And maybe I'm just unlucky, but I've been keeping my eye out for the Eso-Charis 7" for a while now with no luck.

1) Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut

2) Boilermaker - In The Wallace Shadow

3) Botch - We Are The Romans

4) Catherine Wheel - Chrome

5) Quicksand - manic Compression (1st press white vinyl)

I have a black vinyl copy of that Botch LP that I might be persuaded to part with in a trade for something good from my want list (see my site for the list though it is nowhere near complete)

1) Hum - You'd Prefer An Astronaut

2) Boilermaker - In The Wallace Shadow

3) Botch - We Are The Romans

4) Catherine Wheel - Chrome

5) Quicksand - manic Compression (1st press white vinyl)

I have that Hum record, didn't know it was hard to find. Had the CW Chrome LP until about a year ago, went on ebay for less than 10 UK pounds.

Sommerset/MYC Split EP <- I had a lead on this early this year but it never eventuated. I do weekly searches for it on ebay. Oneday...

Also:

Millencolin - Same Old Tunes

I'll keep my eye out for you. Have you seen the LP I am doing of Happiess and Authority?

Edit: just realised who you are, and yes ibsee you ordered it. Will keepy eye out for that split. Have you heard the steadfast EP?

The Gotham City Crimefighters - Who Stole The Batmobile?

I dont even know why I want this so much. It's some Batman themed band from the mid 60's, I've never seen a copy of this or a photo, only seen this record mentioned on a website of old Batman themed music, and on a message board where someone mentioned buying a copy for over 100 bucks =/