What's your White Whale record?

Got For Today - "Ekklesia" (translucent red limited to #200) off my list a while ago... but stumbled on this today:

Black Iris - "Welcome To Bright Falls"

R-7151118-1434878489-3899.jpeg.jpg

Soundtrack for a web series promotion for the Alan Wake Xbox 360 video game. Super, super, super limited (was able to find info only on 6 copies?) and apparently given away, kind of a similar situation to the "Life Is Strange" LP. Wish I knew about this sooner as AW is one of my all time favorite games.

Oh man, that's amazing. AW is such an underrated game - the story has so many layers to it and there's a lot more going on than the player will initially realise. I really do need to play it again at some point.

I dread to think how much that thing sells for. Urgh.

Death - Individual Thought Patterns LP

best metal record of all times in my book. I could have grabbed a copy of the latest repress for retail price a few years back when I was new to the game. 19€ seemed a bit steep for a single LP to me at the time, though, so I opted to get Defeater - Empty Days... 2LP instead because it seemed more sensible to me (it's a cool record, notwithstanding). Of course this is still widely available for anyone to buy.

It's not even that this Death LP is super hard to find, I'm just holding off until the next repress.

best metal record of all times in my book. I could have grabbed a copy of the latest repress for retail price a few years back when I was new to the game. 19€ seemed a bit steep for a single LP to me at the time, though, so I opted to get Defeater - Empty Days... 2LP instead because it seemed more sensible to me (it's a cool record, notwithstanding). Of course this is still widely available for anyone to buy.

It's not even that this Death LP is super hard to find, I'm just holding off until the next repress.

So...not at all a white whale then?

So...not at all a white whale then?

not in the strictest definition of the word, I guess.

In terms of personal history with it, yes. But I don't mind the post being deleted if it doesn't fit in here.

The album that I would love to own, but can never seem to find is that of Pure Love titled Anthems. If anyone has a copy and would not mind parting with it, that would be great.

a guy in German forum Visions is selling a sealed white (I think) copy for 100€. on the marketplace there. PM me if you are interested in the link.

Not hard to find?

https://www.discogs.com/sell/list?sort=price%2Casc&limit=25&master_id=15932&ev=mb&format=Vinyl

that's what I wanted to express with the last line, sorry if it came off unclear. I'm just not the type for spending that amount on a regular edition record. All the other Death stuff has been repressed recently, too, so I can as well hold out for that to happen.

For me - until I nabbed it recently in an eBay auction (for a significant price) - it's been Devin Townsend's Addicted. I had been searching for such a long time. One would pop up on discogs every now and then, but it would disappear just as fast. I'm still waiting for it to arrive, but man, I'm glad I finally got it.

Now, I'm searching for  Karnivool's Themata, and Sound Awake. By the time I realized they'd been released on vinyl, they were long gone. And these have been every bit as elusive as Addicted in the 3rd party market. The hunt is definitely part of the fun.

For me it's the "Dirty Sunday Fest" cover of the Jackals/No Coast split (/25). It's not a crazy popular record or anything but it is a fantastic split, and it's the last record I need (test presses and a /1 of that record aside) to have a full Jackals collection. I've been searching for it for years but it's unlikely I'll ever find it. I have 14 variations of this record including two mispress variants /18, a test press and a few cover variants ranging from /5 to /25.

I was looking for that last Shattered Records last release of Jay's for a while. Figured I would have missed out forever. Walked into Coop 87 randomly and there was a STACK of them under the counter. Didn't think they were real. Got one for me and a friend but should have bought the whole pile, but I figured someone else would be as psyched as I was. Tried to go back AND THE WHOLE STORE WAS GONE.

No, still there, have randomly good stuff all the time maybe thanks to Kemado records and Sacred Bones being in the building? Still have no idea how a stack would have ended up there for $5 a piece.

For a long time is was the japanese pressing of Akuma No Uta, but I eventually bought it on discogs. Now it's the A Field in England Sountrack and The Caretaker - An Empty Bliss Beyond This World which are both going for $200 minimum. Also David Bowie - Black Star clear version. I actually pre-ordered this last november but barnes and nobles decided to fuck me over and cancelled my pre-order after over selling it.

Now, I'm searching for Karnivool's Themata, and Sound Awake. By the time I realized they'd been released on vinyl, they were long gone. And these have been every bit as elusive as Addicted in the 3rd party market. The hunt is definitely part of the fun.

This was up for PO for such a long time!

I'm so happy to finally have SA on vinyl! One of the best albums ever written!

• 4 weeks later...