Out Now: Pink Floyd - The Endless River (new album)

Summing up every Pink Floyd fan's opinion when I say I do not expect much from this album.

That is not my opinion, please remove me from your list of people who you think will say that. I'll file the proper paperwork after the holiday.

I'm excited to hear this, specifically because of the era it was recorded in. It's been said to be Rick Wright's swan song.

That is not my opinion, please remove me from your list of people who you think will say that. I'll file the proper paperwork after the holiday.

So be it. My lawyers will arrange a meeting with your lawyers.

I'm excited to hear this, specifically because of the era it was recorded in. It's been said to be Rick Wright's swan song.

After reading that it's a mostly instrumental/ambient album, I feel quite ridiculous. I had been under the impression that it would be outtakes from The Division Bell.

Attach the stone of shame!

So be it. My lawyers will arrange a meeting with your lawyers.

After reading that it's a mostly instrumental/ambient album, I feel quite ridiculous. I had been under the impression that it would be outtakes from The Division Bell.

Attach the stone of shame!

No stone for you, this evening.

As far as we've been told, the majority was recorded during the division bell sessions, but recently some additional vocals were recorded.

• 3 weeks later...

Jeez, people.

Waters hasn't been in the band since the 80's.

The end.

I realize you're being on the nose, but to many of us, that is the departure point. Floyd is my all my time favorite anything. The albums they made post-Waters although technically called Floyd, just didn't hit the mark (IMO). Most of the skepticism in this thread seems to be coming from fans who don't hold those post-Waters record in high enough regard to give this release any hype whatsoever. Perhaps there is an attached stigma to still calling it Floyd? Waters went on to make albums post-Floyd, but by releasing them under his own name, he was able to make a creative shift without the expectation of being labeled a Floyd album. Regardless, I still think we will all give it a fair shake before completely dismissing it. 

I realize you're being on the nose, but to many of us, that is the departure point. Floyd is my all my time favorite anything. The albums they made post-Waters although technically called Floyd, just didn't hit the mark (IMO). Most of the skepticism in this thread seems to be coming from fans who don't hold those post-Waters record in high enough regard to give this release any hype whatsoever. Perhaps there is an attached stigma to still calling it Floyd? Waters went on to make albums post-Floyd, but by releasing them under his own name, he was able to make a creative shift without the expectation of being labeled a Floyd album. Regardless, I still think we will all give it a fair shake before completely dismissing it.

I get that, I really do. But Momentary Lapse of Reason/The Division Bell still rank fairly high for me. The very same can be said for Waters' solo albums. Regardless, I think this will be a wonderful album, and I can't wait to hear it.