Out Now: Pink Floyd - The Endless River (new album)

Seriously disappointed in groupon, and this purchase in general. Here's my full review.

"I received my order from groupon earlier today. I'm not sure how many of you took advantage of the groupon deal. I tried to buy it at my local record shop but they've been out of stock since it came out, and that groupon deal was just too good to pass up. Now I know the price I truly pay for cheaper records. Shame on me!

This has to be the absolute worst new vinyl experience I've ever had. And I buy regularly.

First off, the album was, quote-unquote, "packed" in something that would relate much more closely to a bag than an envelope, in any case, nothing remotely comparable to a box. Almost no protection whatsoever. The album was simply dropped on the walkway in front of my door, and would not have been any more protected had it been dropped there without the bag.

After waiting over 2 weeks for shipping I'm sure it's also been banged around quite a bit before it got to my door.

The jacket was all banged up, dented on the front and back, corners smashed inwards, etc.

But no biggie. It's all about the music, right?

Haven't even bothered to play this thing yet. It would rate unfavorably amongst the most horrible looking thrift-store records I've ever seen. Scratches, scuffs, and splotches of all shades and sizes, across all 4 sides. Records warped and visibly pressed off center. It's really embarrassing if this is the quality that QRP thinks is worthy of being called the best records in the world.

I do not have one good record pressed at QRP, yet I have plenty that are absolutely impressive and could be reasonably called "perfection" which have come from United, Rainbo, and GZ. The ubiquitous hate that these plants seem to get baffles me to no end.

Onto the record's production itself.

It seems as if the master was cut as if it were to have been a traditional 2 sided LP, but spread across 4 sides instead to maintain quality. Okay, fine. But this could have been cut a little louder if spread out like this, especially being that there are so many quiet parts. S/n should be taken into consideration. In fact, a modern lathe with computerized pitch control probably could have utilized the available real estate and still have made an excellent sounding 2-sided LP if cut at similar levels.

If spread out across 2 discs like this, in keeping with the 4 movement theme, and cut at the level that it was, there is absolutely no reason that this could not have been cut at 45RPM.

As I've said, I haven't even heard it yet, but between its production, delivery, and condition, I have to say I am completely disappointed. Hopefully I will like the actual music more. As of now I think the blu-ray audio may have been the better option."