PO: Sleater-Kinney: Start Together Box Set (10/21)

I was at the last shows in Portland and they were great so I am not sure why a live package wouldn't be released. There are a couple of vids of the Lolla show floating around.

Here's what Greg Calvi (who remastered this package) had to say: 

For such ferocious music, it was actually a very delicate process. I found, in dealing with one of the earlier albums, that my signal path and compression, including my Burl B2 convertor, gave me a more resonant, deeper sound on the guitars than the originals. Because the band rarely, if ever, used bass, I felt that this added to the aggressiveness and power of the band overall. I believe this treatment added a subtle, yet important, dimension to the band, and I explored each of the other albums with the same intention. Above all, their music, from inception, stands the test of time for the cleverness and emotional impact they brought to their genre.

The coloured vinyl isn't a huge draw for me, I'm just stoked about the photo book and the print. The black versions are just for the single LP releases I thought?

It was around £135 for me to have it direct from Sub Pop, and that was with a new shirt too. I'm sure it'll go down for the UK but I'm not really bothered.