PO: Sleater-Kinney: Start Together Box Set (10/21)

I don't think there is a black box - I think all the boxes are coloured.

From Sub Pop's website

"

PRE-ORDER DETAILS

PLEASE READ THIS VERY IMPORTANT UPDATE, AS IT WILL HELP INFORM YOU AS TO WHAT YOU ARE BUYING!

*The limited edition, colored vinyl box set is SOLD OUT.*

-However, due to overwhelming demand for this pre-order, we are creating a second edition of the deluxe box set which will be pressed on black vinyl, that will be expected to ship by mid-December. (Updated 10/10/14; 2:50pm PST)

-Limited Edition box set is limited to 3,000 copies, and is the only way to get the newly remastered Sleater-Kinney catalog on colored vinyl. SOLD OUT!

-The box set also includes a hardcover book of unreleased photos from the band’s personal collection, with a separate art print included."

I don't think there is a black box - I think all the boxes are coloured.

Subpop.com:

*The limited edition, colored vinyl box set is SOLD OUT.*

-However, due to overwhelming demand for this pre-order, we are creating a second edition of the deluxe box set which will be pressed on black vinyl, that will be expected to ship by mid-December.

Overstock canceled my order but good luck...seemed too good to be true. I ordered from Amazon instead. Want to order deluxe new one but S-K got a lot of my $ this week already...

Canceled my Amazon order to go with Overstock just last night, looks like it's still good.  Doesn't sound very fair.

ETA: Marked as 'Shipped.'

Got mine in the mail today, I have to say this release is spectacular. I've just been a very casual SK listener but I thought this would be cool to have. Sup-Pop blew me away.

The box set is shipped in a large box with huge foam inserts to keep the set floating in the middle to keep it from getting damaged (think of the Alexisonfire box set shipping packaging).

The set itself is gorgeous. Box is very sturdy, the book is really neat-o, and a SURPRISE 7" is so sweet.

The records themselves are gorgeous and all come with liners and high-quality sleeves. 

The only (and most important!) thing I unfortunately cannot speak to is the fidelity, as my turntable has a busted motor at the moment. 

Alllllllll of this for only $125 and $10 shipping is an absolute steal. I've never bought a box set from Sub-Pop before but I am so, so impressed. And their customer service was phenomenal. This is how it should be done. Accolades.

And yes, there's plenty of room in the box to fit the new album (maybe even two) if you feel so inclined. They padded the back with foam which leaves some extra space.

If you haven't ordered this yet, you could also try to get this from ccmusic.com. It is listed as $112, but the code OCT1425 brings it down 25% to $84 + shipping.

http://www.ccmusic.com/music/vinyl/3958809/sleater-kinney-start-together-7-lp-box-sethandcover

108 bucks shipped to Germany! That is half the price which it retails for over here. Consider me stoked!