Questions on decks (multitask vinyl)

Hey everyone, I've been lurking on these boards for a bit but decided to sign up.

Here's my situation.  I live in a small two bedroom apartment.  I also produce music, mostly sample based.

My turntable is set up in the second bedroom where I have my studio.  I've been using a Numark TT USB to bring in my vinyl samples because I'm poor and can't really afford an expensive table.

I also listen to my favorite records in here as I have some nice studio monitors.  The way my set up is now, I run my TTUSB into my audio interface, record arm a track in Ableton Live, and I can listen to my vinyl.

My questions, 

Will the TTUSB ruin my really nice records that I buy specifically for listening?  It's been bothering me lately as I've dove deeper into these forums.  Most of the vinyl I sample from is from thrift shops/flea markets/etc... not stuff I'd listen to for the fun of it.  

If the TTUSB will ruin my records will a simple needle swap fix that?  And why would it ruin the records, I don't know much about the mechanics of turntables.

I don't have room in here for a receiver and I'm already set up with an audio interface.  I've been looking at the Project Carbon with a USB out as that would be perfect for this room.  Is that table built any differently than the highly recommended project carbon without the USB out?

Sorry for all the questions, but now that I'm no longer "ignorant" the questions have been popping up like mad!

I don't want to spam the board with my music, but if it's OK to post my bandcamp page let me know and I'll post a link :)

Thank you all in advance!  Great site!  I never would have known John Nolan put out a record of unreleased acoustic songs if I never found this place!!

Well I have a professional a/d converter in use in my studio that has 1/4" inputs. However that still leaves me needing a 50 dollar phone pre amp. 4 bills for the project plus 50 for the pre leaves me 50 short of the project USB which would be much cleaner looking. That's why I'm thinking the lp120.

Its got pretty decent reviews. That table won't screw up my good vinyl right? I plan on using rca to 1/4" cables to plug into my studio monitors as those don't have an rca connection on the back. And I'll use the USB when bringing in samples to chop when I produce.

Thoughts? That table is good for my records with the at95e cart?

Thanks again!

Some relatively positive thoughts about the LP120 from a guy who has made a name for himself - and a pretty good living - reviewing audio equipment ...

http://www.analogplanet.com/content/audio-technica-lp120-usb-turntable-shames-plastic-competition

Whatever you may think of Fremer, he loves the vinyl format and often makes an effort to critique entry-level gear that is more suited to the analog newbie or casual listener.  Long story short, the LP120 is a viable option for certain people.

Thanks for that link. Now I'm considering the u turn orbit for 180 bucks.

That thing is sexy. Safe on my nice records?

If I go that route, I'd just use that for my "listening" and keep the TTUSB around for bringing vinyl into my audio software for production purposes.  I don't mind this table for my dollar thrift store vinyl :)

You know what, I think I may just do that.

That Orbit basic looks really nice.  With an AT95e cart added it comes out to $204 before shipping.  

I'll keep the TTUSB for production purposes and use the orbit for my listening. 

My set up would have to be a phono pre mounted under my desk with RCA to 1/4" TS cables into my powered Yamaha HS-5 speakers.  

I can't really afford to drop 4 bills on a Project Debut right now (And I'd still need a pre).  I'd rather put that money into my collection.  And by the reviews i've read the Orbit is more than good enough for a starter table, and CERTAINLY better than this TTUSB!

What say you?