Max Bemis is kind of a moron (Or let's talk about a really sensitive topic).

yeah he's only gotten worse over the years and this article was full of a cringeworthy misunderstanding of an amazing song. just because bemis realized he himself was a contrived rebel poser doesn't mean nirvana was, juxtaposing the two artists really makes you think about the "better to burn out...." quote, I wouldn't often say that but Bemis and Weezer are two of the exceptions as far as legacies go. 

I mean I could care less if he hates nirvana but comparing them to Nickleback? Them's fighting words. 

"It’s just like, in general, because of things like that radio station. I can’t even put onNevermind. I’m sick of Kurt’s voice. And it’s sad. I can’t even listen to it. I can’t even listen to their first record because it also reminds me of the thousands of terrible bands that they influenced. Maybe I’ll grow out of that eventually. I think of Nickleback when I hear Kurt’s voice sometimes. At least with the Foo Fighters, Dave Grohl didn’t have that Pearl Jam-y, Nirvana, Soundgarden-y inflexion like, [sings.] “yeah.” Kurt was the father of “yeah” rock. And so even though he did it better than anyone else—and, obviously, he’s the godfather of it—I still think of bad Pearl Jam songs and bad Puddle Of Mudd. It takes me there. So, despite them being one of my favorite bands ever, I listen to less Nirvana then probably any of my other favorite bands. And “Rape Me” is the worst."

I don't know who Max Bemis is but I sort of feel him on Nevermind. Why put that record on when In Utero is available.

"Rape me" is off In Utero, I can't honestly tell if he hates Nirvana or like them. In Utero is a great fucking record though. 

Max Bemis is the lead singer of Say Anything a band that used to be enjoyable and now sucks ballz.

The back-and-forth in that article of "I love Nirvana" to "I hate Nirvana" is mind-boggling. Make up your mind dude!

And the commentary of the sound of In Utero is exactly what all the bandwagon fly-by-night fans were echoing and whining about when it came out. They looooooooved the polished and pretty sound on Nevermind, but hated the back-to-basics raw punk sound of In Utero because of course they wouldn't know what the fuck punk is, even if it sat on their faces.

But yeah. Bemis' back-pedaling on that article is completely ridiculous and just laughable. What a putz.

That was hard to read. But I can see where he's sick of hearing the overplayed songs that the radio has drilled into the ground since the 90s. I would rather just shut off the radio than give that clumsy interview about it, though lol.

I thought it was common knowledge that Kurt was an advocate for womens rights (amongst others).

Sonically and musically, this song annoys me. Lyrically, it’s vapid. And then on another level, it annoys me because, as someone who makes music and someone who admires Kurt Cobain as one of the greater songwriters and musicians of our time—to me, it’s the prime example of a musician feeding into or just being overly influenced by success, even if his knee-jerk reaction is to write a song like “Rape Me,” where it’s railing against his success.

If there's someone who knows about writing boring and vapid music where the artist feeds into their own success it's Max Bemis

Things I learned from this article -

1. Say Anything has an album with no guitars.  Weird, kind of want to listen to it.

2.  Punk rock is about being above others.  Huh, didn't know punk rock was about creating a hierarchy.  Huh...neat.

3.  This persons a silly goose.  He seems to be trying way to hard to be deep.

4.  Miley Cyrus is this generations Kurt Cobain.  I feel terrified by whats to come.

5.  Since I kind of like Nirvana, I would probably enjoy Nickleback.  Anyone know where I can pick up some Nickleback vinyals.