iPhone 6 & 6 Plus Discussion

My OnePlus One basically stomps this phone and we're talking about products that haven't even been released yet. Hardly impressive. I fear Apple's days of truly being innovative and leading the pack are over.

I've been saying this for years. Most analysts pointed out that Apple barely spent any time talking about the new iPhone. They saved the time for the watch. Seems like even Apple knows they're just selling a bigger iPhone 5. I think hardcore Apple fans are just stubborn and don't want to admit defeat. The real problem is they only release one phone per year. Where as Samsung, HTC, etc release multiple phones and compete against each other.

I've been an Android user since 2012 (Motorola RZR Maxx) and my phone has been glitchy, slow, and buggy since about three months after purchase.  I was going to get the 6 plus, is there a reason I should give Android another shot?

My phone glitched out majorly once I updated to KitKat, but that happened just recently and my phone is a year old next month. I backed it up and wiped it last night and it seems to be performing really well so far - even my battery life has noticeably improved.

I can't see myself going back to the iPhone, though. My S4 does so much more. I have an iPod touch that I rarely use for anything but music simply because the interface and its abilities bore me.

I've been an Android user since 2012 (Motorola RZR Maxx) and my phone has been glitchy, slow, and buggy since about three months after purchase.  I was going to get the 6 plus, is there a reason I should give Android another shot?

No. I've developed for the Android platform and the OS still doesn't even run native. It requires multiple layers of emulation which is why almost every Android device seems glitchy. I still haven't seen an Android device that has scrolling or animation as smooth as an iPhone.

Being first to market is not nearly as important as being the best on the market. 

Why is no one talking about Apple Pay? GAME CHANGER.

No. I've developed for the Android platform and the OS still doesn't even run native. It requires multiple layers of emulation which is why almost every Android device seems glitchy. I still haven't seen an Android device that has scrolling or animation as smooth as an iPhone.

Being first to market is not nearly as important as being the best on the market.

Why is no one talking about Apple Pay? GAME CHANGER.

Could be the fact that manufacturers slap their garbage overlays on top of the OS (Blur, Sense, Tocuhwiz, etc). The 'Google Play' edition devices should be an option to everyone from the get go. Pure Android is bulletproof.

Anyways, this is the first time since the 4 they've actually revamped the device aesthetically. It's nothing remarkable but it does look a bit more sleek and higher end in the realm of mobiles. I'll more than likely get my wife one to replace her 4S, but holy shit that pricing structure is ridiculous.

iphone-6-pricing-640x440.jpg

ap9k7jyj.jpg

Albeit they're stacking the memory installment tiers this time, there's no reason why flash memory should cost that much in 2016. I can't imagine how much that top tier Plus will cost outright.

I've been an iphone user since the first one. While it's not perfect, iPhone has the best software and apps, hands down. They also only make a major upgrade of the OS once a year and most people upgrade at the same time. This puts extra pressure on app delivers to update their apps and decreases bugs and crashes. The idea of tons of users using all different types of OS's and apps being developed for all of them really just gives me a headache.That's the main reason I'd never go android. 

I use a mac, ipod, ipad, and iphone so all of my stuff can be easily managed. I can't imagine ever switching to anything else now.

This is the first time, for the most part, in a while, that the new phone does everything people want it to do. They finally increased the screen size. I think the 6 has a good screen size. The 6 plus is too big to be a phone for me. It has a new processor and the 64 gig will be cheaper than the one than they were the last two years. The camera has some great new features and I think the apple pay stuff might actually turn out to be pretty cool. 

I'm happy and can't wait to upgrade from the five. 

Off contract and unsubsidized?

Yup, here's a break down.

With contract----------------16 GB------------64 GB----------128GB

iPhone 6----------------------$199--------------$299--------------$399

iPhone6 plus-----------------$299-------------$399---------------$499

Without contract

iPhone 6----------------------$649--------------$749--------------$849

iPhone6 plus-----------------$749-------------$849---------------$949

So basicially, add $450 to the subsidized price. 

I've been an iphone user since the first one. While it's not perfect, iPhone has the best software and apps, hands down. They also only make a major upgrade of the OS once a year and most people upgrade at the same time. This puts extra pressure on app delivers to update their apps and decreases bugs and crashes. The idea of tons of users using all different types of OS's and apps being developed for all of them really just gives me a headache.That's the main reason I'd never go android.

I use a mac, ipod, ipad, and iphone so all of my stuff can be easily managed. I can't imagine ever switching to anything else now.

This is the first time, for the most part, in a while, that the new phone does everything people want it to do. They finally increased the screen size. I think the 6 has a good screen size. The 6 plus is too big to be a phone for me. It has a new processor and the 64 gig will be cheaper than the one than they were the last two years. The camera has some great new features and I think the apple pay stuff might actually turn out to be pretty cool.

I'm happy and can't wait to upgrade from the five.

I feel the same way as you. I love the resale value too. I almost always sell my phone for as much as I bought it for. I don't understand why all the Android users always complain when a new iPhone is announced. Why should they care what features an iPhone does or doesn't have?

Not even CLOSE to the same thing.

Well explain it then. I'm only interested in offline payments, not online payments. I've been paying for my purchases using Google Wallet for years by swiping my phone over the kiosk. Same thing. Apple unified offline and online payments better. If anything now that Apple is doing it, Google Wallet might take off more.

I'm the same way as dreamover. I've been an avid Apple user since the iphone 4 and I love it all. My ipad mini is the best electronic in my house. Everything runs faster and smoother on an iphone. I had an htc phone and hated it because it was so darn slow and not to mention it was built with what seems to be really cheap materials. At least I know that when I buy from apple the materials are nice sleek and don't feel so cheap. They are atheistically pleasing and they run great. The only problem I've ever had with an iphone was my screen cracking so easily. Apart from that, Apple is top dog in my book. I've I wanted something cheap and unreliable I would just get a cheap plan with a flip phone.