Destiny Two - CHOO CHOO

rooks

So, you figured out how to cycle the shield and the Deathsingers power, that the pads lit up in order on Warpriest, that the shiled has to kill adds to keep the shield up, that you need to hide behind the pillars or else you wipe, that you need to get Golgoroth's attention, and shoto down a teardrop, and stand in the teardrop puddle in order to do damage, and that you need to go counterclockwise on the Daughters phase, that you can't kill the left one first, and every other mechanic, and not only did you "figure them out" you also managed to do them perfectly the first time after figuring them out?

Damn man, that must have been the greatest pick up group of all time.

If true, I'm happy for you :P You must be incredible! But........ ;)

Golgorth was our biggest hang up, he took longer than any other fight. I figured out the standing in puddle things on our third attempt or something when I tried shooting them to hurt him, and then ran in for heavy ammo and saw the buff. Before that we were all trying to pass him back and forth. Then we had two people hand him off left and right while 4 of us stayed down below with shotguns and blasted him in a few attempts there. Finally got it working with a third staying out and shooting our orbs for us in order with the people passing back and forth.

The pillars/runes or whatever one actually came pretty damn easy compared to the other mechanics, but it was just freak luck we got the order of platforms right once, and gave us a huge heads up to the mechanics.

The daughters took some time, but probably 10 or so tries to get the counter-clockwise part figured out, but we learned from the pillars/runes that order mattered, so carried on with that logic and it continued. 

It really wasn't a pick-up group, it was 5 guys who have raided together since week 1 of Vault, and me as a random pick up but have raided every week since release too. 

Alright, gotcha. I thought you were saying you and 5 random strangers ran it blind in 5 hours.

5 dudes who play every week together and you makes a bit more sense.

Me, Derek, Shleby, Matt, and 2 other friends not from the forums ran it from start to Oryx's death in about 4+ hours this weekend. But, 2 of us had already cleared the whole thing.  We explained the strats, and got all the hidden chests + all 5 fragments, and wasted sometime finding 2 replacements for Matt after he left, and cleared everything on the 1st or 2nd try except Oryx, who took a little while for everyone to adjust to.

Was just going to be surprised if a random PUG ran it in nearly the same time, completely blind. :P

haha no definitely not a complete pick up that would be insane; I was just the pick up. But those guys all agreed to go in blind and their reddit post was only looking for someone blind as well. 

Edit: and it was only 5 hours TO Oryx, by the time we called it quits it was about 7 hours (with maybe 1/2 hour of break time counted in), and still didn't have time to down it. I'd say we were at about 7 1/2 hours, maybe 8, to down him blind, if we stuck to it. 

I ended up with 7 fragments but no idea if any were hidden or what, or if there were chests we missed (most likely). Still kind of bummed we ran out of time for Oryx. I wanted to blind-clear the whole thing yesterday but just ran out of time, oh well.

They really did an incredible job with this raid instance. The scenery is so gorgeous, and the fights are just a whole new level of challenge from bungie.

The ship jumping puzzle was a blast. 

TTK is seriously great. The raid is awesome, quests are a lot of fun, and the whole feel of the game is really cool. I got the black spindle last week with some randoms and we finished with about 18 seconds left. It was one of the best feelings from playing Destiny for the last year and also one of the hardest things to do. I also ran the raid for the first time last week and managed to get the ghost, hunter cloak, hunter chest, hand cannon, and the shotgun. After that I got the touch of malice and I'm currently working on my exotic sword quest. All I have left is the dark blade strike.

I've been having the craziest of luck lately with decrypting engrams. I handed in two blues and got two legendaries. A few days ago I handed in two legendaries from a strike and got two exotics. The whole past year I've been playing Destiny not once has a legendary turned into an exotic for me so I was pretty excited about that.

TTK is seriously great. The raid is awesome, quests are a lot of fun, and the whole feel of the game is really cool. I got the black spindle last week with some randoms and we finished with about 18 seconds left. It was one of the best feelings from playing Destiny for the last year and also one of the hardest things to do. I also ran the raid for the first time last week and managed to get the ghost, hunter cloak, hunter chest, hand cannon, and the shotgun. After that I got the touch of malice and I'm currently working on my exotic sword quest. All I have left is the dark blade strike.

I've been having the craziest of luck lately with decrypting engrams. I handed in two blues and got two legendaries. A few days ago I handed in two legendaries from a strike and got two exotics. The whole past year I've been playing Destiny not once has a legendary turned into an exotic for me so I was pretty excited about that.

I totally agree with all of this. All i got is the darkblade as well if ya want to team up.

Sleeper simulant and chaperone will be my next goals.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to add you way back when! I still need to do the crucible part of that chaperone quest. I'm dreading it because I'm just average in the crucible. I think it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to have the last word equipped because I absolutely suck with hand cannons in PvP. I rely too much on my pulse rifles so take that away and all I really have is my shotgun because I'm a terrible sniper.

It doesn't help that The Last Word is a shitty, shitty shadow of its former self. Before all the nerfs it was my most used primary – now I've vaulted it and probably won't ever take it out.

It's absolutely worth wrestling with for that Chaperone, though. That thing may be my favorite Y2 exotic.

I still have some luck with it in crucible but other than that I don't use it

I forgot to add you way back when! I still need to do the crucible part of that chaperone quest. I'm dreading it because I'm just average in the crucible. I think it would be a lot easier if I didn't have to have the last word equipped because I absolutely suck with hand cannons in PvP. I rely too much on my pulse rifles so take that away and all I really have is my shotgun because I'm a terrible sniper.

Super kills count and I think wins give you 3% as well. Worst case just keep it in inventory and pop it on before you super or win a match.

It doesn't have to be a TLW kill, just a kill with it equipped.