David Bowie - Nothing has changed 2xLP + Sue 10"

It's been 50 years since David Bowie's first recording. Last year, he ended a decade of silence with The Next Day, and now, Bowie has announced a sweeping retrospective bearing the title Nothing has Changed. (It's named after a lyric from Heathen opener “Sunday”.) It will feature a brand new single, “Sue (Or in a Season of Crime)”, recorded specifically for the comp alongside longtime collaborator Tony Visconti.

The compilation and the "Sue" limited edition 10" and digital download will be released in the UK via Parlophone on November 17. In the U.S., the comp and the digital version of the single will be released November 18 via Columbia/Legacy, with the limited edition 10" coming out November 28 for Record Store Day's Black Friday.

The 10" will be backed by another new song,"'Tis a Pity She’s a Whore", on the B-side.

From the early days of 1964's “Liza Jane” to James Murphy’s recent remix, pretty much all of the major Bowie moments from the past half-century are present on Nothing Has Changed. The compilation features the previously unreleased "Let Me Sleep Beside You” from the sessions for the unreleased album Toy, plus the previously download-only "Your Turn to Drive”, as well as a re-recording of 1971's "Shadow Man" done in 2001.

Check out the tracklist for Nothing Has Changed here. It's available as a 3xCD, a 2xCD, double vinyl, and as a digital download.

• 2 weeks later...

Up on Amazon for $38 - double LP.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O0UQHNU/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00O0UQHNU&linkCode=as2&tag=kersjour-20&linkId=TQ3XEIKDJFQLWYAZ

SIDE 1:
Let's Dance (single version) (4.08)
Ashes To Ashes (single version) (3.35)
‘Heroes’’ (single version) (3.35)
Changes (3.33)
Life On Mars? (3.49)

SIDE 2:
Space Oddity (5.12)
Starman (original single mix) (4.10)
Ziggy Stardust (3.12)
The Jean Genie (original single mix) (4.05)
Rebel Rebel (4.28)

SIDE 3:
Golden Years (single version) (3.27) 
Fame (4.14)
Sound And Vision (3.03)
Under Pressure (3.56)  - Queen & David Bowie
Sue (or In A Season Of Crime) (7.40)

SIDE 4:
Hallo Spaceboy (Pet Shop Boys remix) - with The Pet Shop Boys (4.23)
China Girl (single version) (4.15)
Modern Love (single version) (3.56)
Absolute Beginners (single version) (5.35)
Where Are We Now? (4.09)

Might have to get this if the reviews are good. (I'm guessing not AAA, but hopefully a quality hi-rez digital mastering job.)

Whoever was complaining about the absence of "Young Americans"... Track down a used copy of ChangesOneBowie. Great late-70's comp that also includes "John I'm Only Dancing." (Although I've been through 3 of them and have yet to find a really quiet copy.)

Ordering the 10" from Amazon UK because I don't feel like dealing with it being sold out on Black Friday.    Have pretty much every Bowie album on vinyl except for Black Tie White Noise (hard to get), Buddha Of Suburbia (never released) and Hours (never released), and those albums will likely eventually get a Music On Vinyl issue so I'm not worried, so the 10" with the b-side makes more sense and will be cheaper than buying a bunch of songs I already own.

• 1 month later...