Size of your collection

Bought my first record (and only for that year) in fall 2008. my involvement and understanding of the format and hobby has been gradual. but with inheriting a pretty nice set up and getting a second income, these past two years have been my most involved as far as preorders and seeking out my faves. i currently have 120 LPs, and 75 7"s.

I've almost knocked out the "wish list" I started with which is cool. 

Isn't that the best feeling ever?

Mine is still huge, over 800 records (actually a lot less since I added a bunch of different pressings from certain titles) and I don't think I'll ever see the end of it since I keep adding stuff like every other day.

But that's why we like music in the fist place, right?

About 150 CDs and around 75 records (12"). 

I used to buy CDs a lot once I finished high school and started working full time. So I'd say 90% of those came from that first year or two of working full-time and living at my parents' place. Then when I moved out, I decided I couldn't afford music (lame) and went back to downloading stuff.

Vinyl piqued my interest a while ago because I would keep seeing bands I like releasing their music that way. After a few years, I finally bit the bullet and began looking into vinyl (which was about one year ago from present time). At this point, I've gotten rid of nearly all the music I don't legally own, and that's what I'm most happy about.

I've been collecting record since 1987-88. I currently have over 1,600 records and 2,000+ CDs. My record collection total would be much higher if I didn't have to sell off 75% of my collection to pay for a couple of semesters of college, and when my records got destroyed in a flood in the mid 90's.. The shitty thing is trying to reacquire these records I sold and lost. The prices are astronomical nowadays, especially the Revelation Records I want.

I'm at about 260 give or take and 70 7" records... When i first started buying records back in 2010, I made a list of things I wanted my (some that didn't exist back then) and I'm more than 3/4 through. Go me....

Shinfo of the day: my first post on here was me wanting to buy ADTR's Homesick

Started in collage 2003... Really didn't start buying quantity until after grad school 2009...last time I counted was several years ago, at 500 or so! Sold stuff and have slowed down last year,

I'd estimate around 750... Plus 150 - 7" plus 75 - 10"

Started in collage

collage

INVEwNx.gif

About 335 LPs. I've been buying vinyl for a decade but I've had roughly the same size collection for a few years now. During that time I've been buying a couple records per month but I've been selling around the same amount. If I haven't listened to a record in a year or two I know it's time to get rid of it. I have yet to regret selling a record, though there are some I regret buying. I hate having stuff just for the sake of having it. If I don't use it, I don't want it.

Discogs says I have 232. I have a bit more than that, but not much. Started collecting around 2005ish. But between 2007-2012 I pretty much only spent money on drugs so I feel like I bounced back alright.

Using the discogs value thing it seems as though any record I have that's worth anything is a record I would rather bring to the grave. That goes for a lot of the ones that aren't worth anything too though.

A lot but still not enough, although my wife would disagree on the not enough

been collecting since the 80's and according to discogs I have 6808 items of which all are vinyl except for around 20 or 30 cassettes, haven't bothered putting my CD's on there as I can't be arsed and the vinyl took forever.