Thom Yorke - Tomorrow's Modern Boxes ( Deluxe White Vinyl )

Guest deleted

Had the same sense on arrival but it was fine. The anti-static bag was a bit crammed into the box.

In any event, this doesn't feel like $50, despite all the adjectives thrown at it on the website...

probably $15 worth of shipping cost to me in Canada (guess) so i hope it feels like $35 - lol

Edit - the Doctor just beat me to the punch...

Funny how this release is being put up for sale in Discogs for $100-150 and NO ONE has took the bait.

These flippers that are trying to dupe someone into paying triple the price of an item are delusional.

Everyone was already weary at spending $50 for this item, NO ONE is going to buy it at 2-3x mark up.

Good riddance 

How might attitudes about this release change if say the second press ends up being on black vinyl? Will everyone's feelings about the cost change? 

*Not saying the second press will be black, but then again we don't know for sure do we?*

Possibly for some people. I have no issue spending $50 on something that at least appears to roughly align with production costs and a reasonable profit, regardless of colour/"investment" value (bleh).

But as with so many releases these days (and as discussed at length elsewhere), it can often just feel like a vinyl tax.

Funny how this release is being put up for sale in Discogs for $100-150 and NO ONE has took the bait.

These flippers that are trying to dupe someone into paying triple the price of an item are delusional.

Everyone was already weary at spending $50 for this item, NO ONE is going to buy it at 2-3x mark up.

Good riddance 

if you wanted your copy before Nov.1st.. and were willing to pay for that....

I'm in North Carolina so I'm gonna be pissed at your state if mine isn't waiting for me after work :P

Also in NC -- Greensboro.  Was hoping it would come today then I remembered it's Columbus Day... :(  Have you gotten yours yet?  REALLY hoping it will come tomorrow.  

P.S. Agaetis Byrjun is one of my favorite Sigur Ros albums.  I hope you saw them when they played in Asheville last year :)

Also in NC -- Greensboro.  Was hoping it would come today then I remembered it's Columbus Day... :(  Have you gotten yours yet?  REALLY hoping it will come tomorrow.  

P.S. Agaetis Byrjun is one of my favorite Sigur Ros albums.  I hope you saw them when they played in Asheville last year :)

Also Greensboro here, and no sign of it. :(

I love Sigur Ros...been a fan for over a decade and havent been able to see 'em live yet

This is ridiculous. This guy is selling second pressings for $120 when you can still order them direct for the original price. Wtf?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251670560365

People are suckers and this guy will profit off of them because they do not do enough research. 

Prices were stupid on Discogs too until sellers realized they could not sell them. 

Super flimsy mailer. Album creased. BS at this price point. Sounds great though.

Shoot them an email. I had a similar issue. It may take awhile for a replacement but at least they are addressing the bag and inner sleeve damage. Here is their response back to me:

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your email.

We're just currently waiting to receive replacement parts and as soon as we receive them we will send out a replacement bag and inner sleeve for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Sandbag

Sent: 13 October 2014 15:34

To: Orders @ Sandbag UK

Subject: Damaged order # 50XXXX

I'm writing to request a replacement bag and inner sleeve for my copy of tomorrow's modern boxes. As you can see in the attached picture, these were damaged during shipment. The lp sounds fantastic but am requesting the replacements mentioned above, especially considering the price.

Thanks

Rob