Have any of you never received something you ordered from a Discogs seller?

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I placed an order from a user on Discogs for Modern Baseball's Sports 13 days ago and I still haven't received it. It took the seller 5 days after I made the payment to change the status to Shipped and message me back, and that was only after I filed a "Seller Not Responding Request". It has been 8 days since the seller supposedly shipped my package and I still haven't received anything. I messaged the seller today asking if they have any shipping/tracking information and I haven't heard back yet. The seller only has three messages of feedback and only two are positive. The other feedback is negative and that buyer says they never received the item and the seller refused to answer their emails. Not really sure what to do from here. File another support request?

If you paid through paypal, you're safe. Discogs' sellers can be a little slack with shipping times. Did you get a tracking number? Regardless, I'd wait it out a week more, then open a paypal case to get your money back, especially if the seller isn't returning your messages. Keep in mind, Media mail can be very slow and packages do wind up on the wrong plane and taken to parts of the country off route. Anything is possible. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

I recently sent a package via media mail from tn to ca. 14 days later the guy sent me a question asking where it was, it was tracked so of course he knew I sent it. Asked USPS and they said to give it up to 16 days. Within the following two days he got it. Longest I ever saw media mail take, but It happens. Not responding to messages isn't cool though. Just be clear with someone, damn sellers.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, but I placed an order from a user on Discogs for Modern Baseball's Sports 13 days ago and I still haven't received it. It took the seller 5 days after I made the payment to change the status to Shipped and message me back, and that was only after I filed a "Seller Not Responding Request". It has been 8 days since the seller supposedly shipped my package and I still haven't received anything. I messaged the seller today asking if they have any shipping/tracking information and I haven't heard back yet. The seller only has three messages of feedback and only two are positive. The other feedback is negative and that buyer says they never received the item and the seller refused to answer their emails. Not really sure what to do from here. File another support request?

is the user's name by chance rocketship lol? i bought a record off this guy and its looking like he's going to try to rip me off, no response after a week and a half so i guess i'm just gonna file a claim so i don't have to loan him $15 for another 20 days. 

is the user's name by chance rocketship lol? i bought a record off this guy and its looking like he's going to try to rip me off, no response after a week and a half so i guess i'm just gonna file a claim so i don't have to loan him $15 for another 20 days. 

sure is, rocketship666. 

I messaged him about the record before I ordered it to ask him about the condition of the record as he had both the disc and sleeve only listed as G+. He messaged me back within two hours when I asked him about it, but after I actually placed the order the only time he messaged me back is after I filed that support request. I honestly had a bad feeling about this seller before I even made the payment because of the negative feedback, the price (16.50), and the way he responded to my initial message ("The record sounds a bit dirty, but that's nothing some cleaning can't fix. And the sleeve is in great condition. I bought it new and I'm the only one who owns it!") 

If you paid through paypal, you're safe. Discogs' sellers can be a little slack with shipping times. Did you get a tracking number? Regardless, I'd wait it out a week more, then open a paypal case to get your money back, especially if the seller isn't returning your messages. Keep in mind, Media mail can be very slow and packages do wind up on the wrong plane and taken to parts of the country off route. Anything is possible. Good luck, and let us know how it works out.

I paid through PayPal but not PPD, I just used my debit card. Does that make a difference?

8 days is WAY too early to start gathering a legal prosecution team. Media mail advertises 2-9 BUSINESS days as it's turnaround time, and it can take longer in some cases.

May I ask how old you are? Also, have you bought on eBay or Discogs before this transaction? Just curious.

One time I had to wait 26 days for some records sent media mail. Apparently, very rarely, the USPS will inspect the packages to ensure they are in fact media. I guess the LP mailer wasn't enough of a clue to begin with! But it came to me eventually. Kicker was they were mailed from Chattanooga, TN to Cartersville, GA only 70 miles away!

8 days is WAY too early to start gathering a legal prosecution team. Media mail advertises 2-9 BUSINESS days as it's turnaround time, and it can take longer in some cases.

May I ask how old you are? Also, have you bought on eBay or Discogs before this transaction? Just curious.

I have purchased LPs from both eBay and Discogs multiple times before and no seller has ever been this uncooperative, and my suspicion that he's less than reliable has been practically substantiated by the two other posters in this thread who say they have had negative experiences with him. My age seems completely irrelevant.

He sent me the invoice within an hour after I placed the order and I almost immediately made my payment. I waited two days to hear back about shipping, then sent a message gently reminding him I made my payment. Then I waited another two days, sent another message, and when he didn't respond to that one I made the support request. Only after that did he message me back and change the status from Invoice Sent to Shipped. Waited 8 days and today at noon sent him a message just asking if he had any tracking information. Have not heard back yet. None of my messages were rude or pushy, all were polite but direct. He also just recently removed all his for sale items. I'm of course going to wait a bit longer and if I don't hear back from him I'll try messaging him again but I just wanted to know, for worst case scenario purposes, if anybody was ever completely swindled by somebody on Discogs and what my options were should that happen.

I have a 14 year old brother who buys records and posts online so I'm always a bit sensitive to not assume everyone online is 30 and worthy of aggressive snark.

I was asking your age & experience because waiting 8 days for a package is not irregular at all. In the back of your head, you always wonder if you're being taken for a ride when things don't arrive after 5-6 days but most adults can move past those paranoid initial thoughts. This guy may be a flake and you could be the victim of a vinyl swindle but your post makes it sound like you already decided the guy was robbing you way early on.

Like you said, chill out a little longer and find something to do for the next day or two then enjoy your record when it arrives. If nothing comes, then unleash the fury!

I have a 14 year old brother who buys records and posts online so I'm always a bit sensitive to not assume everyone online is 30 and worthy of aggressive snark.

I was asking your age & experience because waiting 8 days for a package is not irregular at all. In the back of your head, you always wonder if you're being taken for a ride when things don't arrive after 5-6 days but most adults can move past those paranoid initial thoughts. This guy may be a flake and you could be the victim of a vinyl swindle but your post makes it sound like you already decided the guy was robbing you way early on.

Like you said, chill out a little longer and find something to do for the next day or two then enjoy your record when it arrives. If nothing comes, then unleash the fury!

If your 14 year old brother can structure sentences the way I can I would be truly impressed. Not that I'm some kind of great writer or anything, I just like to think that my writing style online does not make me seem 14 years old. Haha but it's true, I've been wary of this purchase from the beginning, so I am probably jumping the gun a little quickly here.

idk man, like i said, i bought a record from the same guy and have received no contact despite multiple polite messages post payment, and he sent the invoice almost immediately after i messaged him. that is unusual.

people act like it's so hard to get to the post office but it's really not that difficult. even then, i've cut tons of people slack and had slack cut for me depending on circumstances, but it's irresponsible to just go awol. people fuck things up all the time with records (some ebay user just sent me a goddamn wonder years 12" instead of a touché amore rsd 7") but most things can be mitigated by communication. especially when most people have smart phones. if you are having a crazy month maybe it's not the best time for a sale, but just shooting someone an email back literally takes 3 minutes and people who say they can't fit that into their day are just making excuses for being lazy and blowing it off. obviously there are exceptions and sometimes things come out of the blue but it's hard to give the benefit of the doubt outright when the guy has 50% feedback anyway. i was hesitant about buying from him in the first place and this pretty significantly confirms that he's at least a terrible seller IMO. 

considering both you and i are having troubles with this seller, and he has recent bad feedback, it seems pretty likely that the records aren't coming. usually i would wait till the 44th day but some people think that if they dick you around for a month and then return the cash it's all good, which obviously it isn't.

To me it just sounds like he's a bit slack.

Give it a bit more time. Unless the $15 or so dollars is going to make much difference in your life without it then just hold on. At least you're covered so you know you'll get it back no matter what happens.

Just keep sending him emails, be polite and keep a track of them all for the paypal dispute further down the line to make it all easier.

I've waited for vinyl for over a week before, but it has always arrived.

Sometimes a lot of sellers on Discogs/eBay are actual record stores, so they may be backed up on orders.

Just take it easy and wait for responses.

I take it you're in the US. Did it say how far away it was from you?

Usually when things ship from the East coast (I'm in California), it almost always takes around a week and a half. That could be it as well.

Even moreso when it's shipped from CAN.

You'll get it eventually.

If not, you're protected, so you'll get your money back.

Having ordered quite a few items via discogs from the US and Europe over the years, I have never had any items not turn up. Only a few minor issues with being not exactly as described, e.g being described as mint and sealed and there turns out to be a small rip in the seal. However being too lazy to go through the dispute/returns procedure I usually just write it off as bad luck. Communication generally has always been very good.

A few months ago there was a copy of the UO red vinyl Chvrches LP on offer in the States, described as mint and sealed. I messaged the seller to ask for an international shipping quote (as per seller's instructions) but they never replied. I was a bit pissed off about that.

I have at least one order from discogs that never came. After several weeks of attempting to contact the seller, they finally responded/refunded me. The package supposedly shipped, but conveniently I never got a tracking number. Never got the record, and this was well over 2 1/2 months ago.