PO SOON: Contact - First Contact (Zombi)

AE Paterra (the drummer of Zombi) is teaming up with Paul Lawler, who released the fantastic Opus last year. The result sounds fantastic so far. Not unlike Zombi, but with many more layers in the composition. 

There's a track streaming over at Noisey: http://noisey.vice.com/blog/contact-is-the-sci-fi-music-project-created-by-two-artists-who-have-never-met

The release date is set for October 28th through Temporary Residence.The interview at the above link states that it's being released on glow-in-the-dark vinyl, so I'm guessing that will be the limited TR variant. Really stoked for this!

From the article:

The brainchild of AE Paterra (Zombi and Majeure) and British composer Paul Lawler, Contact is every bit as impressive as you’d imagine. First Contact is a science-fiction masterpiece set to music; 28 minutes of atmospheric space synth—close your eyes and you’ll be transformed inside the world of a 70s science-fiction film.

Glad to see other people into this! And I agree, Majeure is awesome but his drumming style is great. Looks like new Zombi should be out in early 2015 as well.

I'd imagine PO's will go up in the next couple of days. The release date is the same as Mono's new albums and those have been up for a few weeks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On May 29, 2016 at 2:28 AM, ratbrain said:

new Contact LP out next week on Temporary Residence... must have been announced a while ago, but I only just heard about it today so maybe others missed it too...

http://shop.temporaryresidence.com/trr271

I'd never heard of this project until you bumped this thread - definitely need to pick up both albums.  Anyone know how the sound quality on that glow in the dark variant is?