A Perfect Circle - Thirteenth Step - MOV Repress

Nice, now they start pressing records that aren't OOP and easily available...superb idea

Meh, they are offering something different.  If I didn't already have a copy I'd probably have picked this up because that colour is slick.  I may even pick this up if I see a copy for cheap some day and sell my black.

^This! I mean, after all, 99% of the things we deal with in the world sucks balls. So why not enhance the little things that do make me (us?) happy?

most people arent going to notice the sound difference between a black pressing or a coloured MOV pressing.. (if there even is one).. so does the pleasant surprise I'd get once every couple years when i see that slick coloured vinyl not count towards the enhancement?

Well they are readily available here, but MOV is a European company, the U.S. seems to be a secondary market for them really. Original euro press seems to be going for over $30 on discogs.

They have done pressings of albums as they come out in the states or just after.

This will probably cost 28€ here in Europe...around $35!

Well they are readily available here, but MOV is a European company, the U.S. seems to be a secondary market for them really. Original euro press seems to be going for over $30 on discogs.

They have done pressings of albums as they come out in the states or just after.

That's a good point that I totally overlooked. It was very Amero-centric (is that a word?) of me.

This bullshit started on eBay years back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-PERFECT-CIRCLE-TOOL-13TH-STEP-LP-RARE-2003-ORIGINAL-NUDE-FOLD-OUT-COVER-NMINT-/331295725638?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4d22c39846

All copies have the same artwork inside. This guy found a way to get $75 a pop for his copies.

Edit - this post has nothing to do with the MoV pressing. 

This bullshit started on eBay years back:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-PERFECT-CIRCLE-TOOL-13TH-STEP-LP-RARE-2003-ORIGINAL-NUDE-FOLD-OUT-COVER-NMINT-/331295725638?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item4d22c39846

All copies have the same artwork inside. This guy found a way to get $75 a pop for his copies.

Edit - this post has nothing to do with the MoV pressing. 

GIF-Are-you-serious-cynical-disbelief-do

Note to self: Never open that gatefold.

This has got to be the worst artwork/arrangement I've as yet seen (on a vinyl release).

Don't even know where to begin. Probably with 'awkward hand pose.'

Followed by the vertical display. Playboy, anyone?

I could go on with white writing on white hair and numerous other awkward choices the designer made but seriously.

Paying $75 because it's advertised like this has got to be the real scoop.

Hope the buyer got a bonus box of tissues.

Paying $75 because it's advertised like this has got to be the real scoop.

That was the point of my post. This has been a sales tactic on eBay for years now, it started with a seller that sold numerous copies that way (he advertised them as a "banned" version) and others followed suit. All copies have the same inside gatefold (it was never banned).

• 2 weeks later...

Retail at my local brick and mortar (with whom i prefer to do as much of my shopping from as possible) is going to be high $40's (Canada)... uhg... even if I got $15 for my black I'd have a hard time dropping $30 more to get this MOV press. :(

... and $48 on bullmoose.. ergh.. wanted to experience the hobby!

This "MOV repressing all these records that I already own on coloured vinyl thing" has got to stop. My wallet can't take it anymore. But I think I will pass on this one. I have a clean, mint OP. I bit on the Korn reissues because my FTL was pretty banged up, and self-titled was on my want list for years. But like Cloudsbelow, I too live in Canada and it gets expensive. Wonder how long the coloured variant will stick around though...

• 3 weeks later...