PO - Soen - Tellurian

piky0032

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this one needs quite some more time than "Cognitive" which was more accessible!

Further, I think that they defined their own sound with this record! Cognitive was too Tool-ish (which is a quite good thing IMO :) ) but I like their sound and I'm enjoying this record!

Gave it around 6-8 spins until now and I think this is a TOP3-of-2014-candidate for me!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't listened "Cognitive" for quite a while now...I know there were a few songs I really liked and as you said it is heavier than "Tellurian"...

IMO, "Tellurian" sounds a bit more mature, is way more progressive and orientates itself more at Opeth's "Blackwater Park" (without growls obviously) and Porcupine Tree's "In Absentia" which both are two of my alltime favorites...maybe that's the reason I like "Tellurian" better! :)

...speaking of Opeth's BWP...I mostly listen to "Tellurian" in the car on my way to work/home and find myself confused at because I thought it's Mikael Akerfeldt singing :D Take "Pluton" for example...this is a new version of "Harvest" :D :D :D