Saves the Day - Through Being Cool - Reissue out 12/9/14

gmoney

• 3 weeks later...

I order a copy at RevHQ last week.

I have no clue which version it is but it says colored.

It says it's a pre-order that is releasing January 27th and shipping the 22nd. I just got an email saying mine shipped. I searched and didn't find any other variant than the blue/white split, tour blue marble and the HT cream that is releasing in January.

No clue what I am getting though lol, but I'll be happy even if the colored part in the description is wrong and I get the black one.

http://revhq.com/store.revhq?Page=search&Id=EVR054

How bad did the black copies of ST sound? The price difference between the 1st and 2nd press is considerable.

like shit.

i mean, sonically it sounded really good but there was an awful click/scratch noise that you heard on every repetition. it was literally unlistenable. the white has the normal "white vinyl" surface noise. but it sounds good, otherwise.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have issues with the black repress? My b-side has a couple parts where it's muddy as hell.

If no one else is having this issue you might want to try cleaning your record, then your stylus, then checking to make sure your counterweight is properly set up and then if you're still having issues, maybe find a buddy that also has this record and play there's on your TT and see if you get the same issue and go from there

If no one else is having this issue you might want to try cleaning your record, then your stylus, then checking to make sure your counterweight is properly set up and then if you're still having issues, maybe find a buddy that also has this record and play there's on your TT and see if you get the same issue and go from there

It's the only record I've ever had an issue with and it's just a couple spots on the B-side. The rest of the album sounded great. Amazon sent me a replacement so I will compare when it gets here. I'd cleaned the album and stylus prior to playing so we will see how this turns out.

Thanks.

• 2 years later...
14 minutes ago, Buffbloom said:

I saw a Coke Bottle Clear variant on Wax Bodega but it seems to be sold out. Does anyone know where else might be selling this variant? 

Only looking for this one variant. 

Sounds like the Newbury exclusive from last year. See them often on eBay. 

Edited by bridley

• 1 year later...