Saves the Day - Through Being Cool - Reissue out 12/9/14

gmoney

That's fine and all they could just not label and advertise them as 180 if they don't come out anywhere close to that.

Unfortunately, people still fall for the gimmick. 180 gram really just translates to "heavier than standard weight" which it is. I have "180 gram records" that range from 150 grams to 230 grams. 

Unfortunately, people still fall for the gimmick. 180 gram really just translates to "heavier than standard weight" which it is. I have "180 gram records" that range from 150 grams to 230 grams.

This. I also have records that weren't labelled 180 grams that surprisingly were 180 grams. It is what it is.

Do you know how records are made? Do you think they actually weigh each one and throw out the ones that aren't exactly 180 grams?

None of the splits came out to 180 gram though. They admitted that, so it shouldn't be a big deal. (also I've seen records labeled as being 150 gram, 200 gram, etc. so 180 doesn't just mean "more than standard weight." It means close to 180 grams.) I agree that the weight does fluctuate quite a bit within pressings though.

10hq5uq.jpg

Stickers on all three variants. The split doesn't say 180 gram.

Right, originally they said it was, then something happened at the plant and they pressed it at less and said it wasn't 180 gram. I didn't even notice on my sticker that it didn't say 180 gram. I don't really care as much about weight as other people here apparently.

Tour variant was sold out at the show last night when I went to check out merch between STD/SA sets.  I don't know if they're just selling a limited number at each date, or if they're 100% gone.  Just a heads up for anyone looking to snag a tour copy.

merch dude at my show said they usually sell out 15 mins after doors open. 

They were $25 last night and sold out before Reggie finished their set. They were also selling the Blue/White split, which I thought was weird.

That is a little weird.

Hopefully they don't sell out super quickly. I'm not even showing up until halfway through Reggie's set, and leaving pretty much right after Saves the Day.

I guess I don't really care if I snag one, but it would be nice.