Saves the Day - Through Being Cool - Reissue out 12/9/14

gmoney

Anyone have any label issues? I received my copy of the retail version from Amazon today and the label on side one is bubbled and raised. Just wondering if this is a fluke or if it's a manufacturing problem.

I found out very recently, that another label might be hiding under that bubbled label.

Had a long ass time to grab myself a tour copy tonight but couldn't do it. I knew it was just going to sit unopened waiting for it to go up in price and that's not why I buy vinyl. Maybe I'm a chump for it. Hopefully someone else snagged their only copy by me not getting one tonight, though.

I did, on the other hand, get that cream t-shirt with the cover on it. Fuck, they were so young. ( I guess I was too, only being 13 when that album was recorded :P)

Had a long ass time to grab myself a tour copy tonight but couldn't do it. I knew it was just going to sit unopened waiting for it to go up in price and that's not why I buy vinyl. Maybe I'm a chump for it. Hopefully someone else snagged their only copy by me not getting one tonight, though.

I did, on the other hand, get that cream t-shirt with the cover on it. Fuck, they were so young. ( I guess I was too, only being 13 when that album was recorded :P)

If that means you have some money burning a hole in your pocket, I still have that ALK3 Self Titled on Blue Marble waiting for you.

Grabbed the HT press in store today. Came out more yellow marble than cream. Looks nice though and the remaster is great.

Not trying to start shit...but in regards to saying the remaster sounds great

Has anybody that owns an original pressing done an A/B comparison to attest to how great the remaster is?

I assume they just didn't have the original plates/stampers/ect and had to do a remaster to physically make a new pressing...and while they probably weren't going for an incredible new radically mastered version of the release, have dubbed it "remastered" thusly.

Has anybody with decent ears and a decent digital audio system done an A/B session with the download that comes with the new LP versus the original CD?

I haven't had a chance to set up my table at my new house yet....but I have a feeling the new remaster probably doesn't sound too radically different than the original....and I'd be willing to bet that the digital version hasn't been remastered

None of which matters as long as the album still sounds great and the pressing is solid...and nobody has had any complaints Thusfar (aside from the online exclusive version not being 180g...which I'm also a bit bummed about myself). I'm just skeptical that this remaster was less of a "Hey let's remaster this album and really work on that and fine tune the master and make it sound a great as possible. I really thought parts were over compressed and the final EQ was a bit off and I'd love to go back and tweak that for the 15th anniversary of this record" and more of a "let's repress this finally...we can make money off of it.......oh...we DON'T have those plates anymore. Well, if it's going to cost us money in set up fees and it has to be mastered for the plates....let's slap on a 'Remastered' tag to make sure it sells". Again, I'm not mad about it...just find it hard to believe that this remaster is that great....highly doubt they went back over the mastering of the album with a fine-toothed comb, especially with the emphasis they put on "not remixed". Find it hard to believe they would've had zero issues with the mix and a few with the mastering.....juzzayin

Yeah I just got my HT variant and it's pretty much a buttered popcorn colored variant, not cream at all. Also there's distortion around the start of "Holly Hox Forget Me Nots" and gets worse. Just like the Enema pressing I got from them earlier this year. Kind of bummed to be honest.

Just a heads up...the retailer has nothing to do with this issue, it comes to them from the factory already sealed in shrink wrap...whichever plant was used to manufacture this pressing is to blame....also as mentioned above, cleaning your records alleviates most of this, and properly setting up your turn table as well