VC's 30 Days of Fright! Film Festival 2 (2015)

Loved House of the Devil and Cooties. Both solid flicks. Can't believe I've never seen House of the Devil. They did a great job making it seem as though it was set in the 80s. I feel like it could have been a little more intense, and could of had a little more back story, but it was still good.  Cooties was just as great as I thought it would be. I'll be watching that one many times I'm sure. 

Haven't seen Monster Squad in years, and not until now did I ever think to describe it as "The Goonies Vs. The Universal Monsters", but that's what I see now. My wife had never seen it before (yea, I know..she readsssss), but she loved it! Someone else mentioned it as well, but I also have to say I am sad that it had so many blatant homophobic moments. I fear that the more I revisit older movies from the 80's and back, I will just notice how it was so ok to just call someone a crappy name when we were younger even though you had no idea how hurtful it might appear one day even if you were acting a part

Edit: Wolf Dork...

Haven't seen Monster Squad in years, and not until now did I ever think to describe it as "The Goonies Vs. The Universal Monsters", but that's what I see now. My wife had never seen it before (yea, I know..she readsssss), but she loved it! Someone else mentioned it as well, but I also have to say I am sad that it had so many blatant homophobic moments. I fear that the more I revisit older movies from the 80's and back, I will just notice how it was so ok to just call someone a crappy name when we were younger even though you had no idea how hurtful it might appear one day even if you were acting a part

Edit: Wolf Dork...

First time watching it was last night. Enjoyed it for sure.... but yeah, I mentioned the slurs used in the st thread. Sadly it was pretty common in 80's flicks. Thankfully after the 1st 10-15 minutes I didn't notice them used again. But man were they used heavy in the beginning :/

First time watching it was last night. Enjoyed it for sure.... but yeah, I mentioned the slurs used in the st thread. Sadly it was pretty common in 80's flicks. Thankfully after the 1st 10-15 minutes I didn't notice them used again. But man were they used heavy in the beginning :/

It really made me think about the dialogue vs. the idea that this was aimed at children and was thought to be appropriate...progress is great, but we still have so far to go...

It really made me think about the dialogue vs. the idea that this was aimed at children and was thought to be appropriate...progress is great, but we still have so far to go...

Especially considering most of the slurs used were by the main kid/hero of the movie, & the uses were never challenged or confronted.

Interestingly, the same writer would make a movie 20 years later called Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang with a predominant gay character & little-to-no homophobia. Guess he woke up.

Especially considering most of the slurs used were by the main kid/hero of the movie, & the uses were never challenged or confronted.

Interestingly, the same writer would make a movie 20 years later called Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang with a predominant gay character & little-to-no homophobia. Guess he woke up.

Whoah. I didn't know it was the Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang guy. That movie is the BEST. I've never seen Monster Squad either. I'll be playing catch up for awhile. Baseball takes up most of my nights these days, but I'll get to all of them.   ^_^

Whoah. I didn't know it was the Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang guy. That movie is the BEST. I've never seen Monster Squad either. I'll be playing catch up for awhile. Baseball takes up most of my nights these days, but I'll get to all of them.   ^_^

Yup, Shane Black (also Lethal Weapon, Last Boy Scout, etc...). KKBB is such a great movie. Gotta see if it's on Netflix now, haven't watched in years. Haha, you'll get there!

Damn baseball trumping horror.

jk! :)

I loooove tonights Craven classic.

Me too! Funny thing is I have been making "The People Under the Stairs" jokes since we moved into the place we live now, because our door is the one under the staircase. My wife had never seen it, but her older brother was the only one who got the joke/made the same joke along with me lol