Near Mint (Record Label/Art Collective)

Is this the style of music we can expect from Near Mint, or do you hope to expand beyond this sound? I'm interested in the future of the label regardless of direction, more a question of curiosity.

I'd say that this type of emo sound is what we as a label really enjoy the most, so I wouldn't be surprised if you heard more bands similar to this. However, our next release is on the pop-punk side of things, and our third is heavier/spoken word. Also some re-issues of bands you already know are in the works if all goes according to plan.

So the best way to answer this is, I'd say emo would be a significant genre, but we are definitely trying to expand beyond that. For the most part, I'd like to think our bands fit in the community of music with Topshelf, RFC, No Sleep, etc. - but that's not to say that every band will fit in that genre. We mainly just want to put out music we both love and support of course, regardless of it fitting to a specific sound. It just so happens we love emo. But for example, I personally like rap a lot and we've discussed even doing a rap/hip hop cassette tape. So who knows haha.

Hope that helps answer your question without confusing you, kinda rambling here.

I'd say that this type of emo sound is what we as a label really enjoy the most, so I wouldn't be surprised if you heard more bands similar to this. However, our next release is on the pop-punk side of things, and our third is heavier/spoken word. Also some re-issues of bands you already know are in the works if all goes according to plan.

So the best way to answer this is, I'd say emo would be a significant genre, but we are definitely trying to expand beyond that. For the most part, I'd like to think our bands fit in the community of music with Topshelf, RFC, No Sleep, etc. - but that's not to say that every band will fit in that genre. We mainly just want to put out music we both love and support of course, regardless of it fitting to a specific sound. It just so happens we love emo. But for example, I personally like rap a lot and we've discussed even doing a rap/hip hop cassette tape. So who knows haha.

Hope that helps answer your question without confusing you, kinda rambling here.

That was a perfect answer, thank you.

I too love rap, and I've always wondered what it would be like to have a small label where I just released whatever I liked, regardless of genre.

I plan to keep an eye on your label going forward. Good luck with the new venture!

Hey guys, still have some copies of the blue variant left in the store. We also fixed our bandcamp to where the digital version is only $3. We are working on NMR002 as we speak, it's gonna be a halloween themed release that we've been planning for a while that we're pretty excited about! 

Order NMR001 here: www.wearenearmint.com

Also, all orders includes pins (pictured below) and mints with our logo and either a hand-written letter/drawing depending on who fulfills the mail order (Myself or James)

al6ats.jpg

Hey guys, still have some copies of the blue variant left in the store. We also fixed our bandcamp to where the digital version is only $3. We are working on NMR002 as we speak, it's gonna be a halloween themed release that we've been planning for a while that we're pretty excited about! 

Order NMR001 here: www.wearenearmint.com

Also, all orders includes pins (pictured below) and mints with our logo and either a hand-written letter/drawing depending on who fulfills the mail order (Myself or James)

Will the second release be out in time for Halloween?

NMR002 - Halloween Split: "Fear Mint" Vol. 1

2yza69c.jpg

Our second release will be available for pre-order on Friday. It's a Halloween split available both digitally and on cassette.

Song premiere is Friday as well. Also, this one is fairly limited, the variants are below:

"Ghost" Clear w/ Black Imprint /31 (Webstore Exclusive)

"Jack O Lantern" Orange w/ Black Imprint /17 (Brick Top Exclusive)

"Monster" Green w/ Black Imprint /17 (Anna Sage. Exclusive)

"Fog" Grey Tint w/ Black Imprint /1

Thanks Corey!

No problem, I'm about to respond to your email in a minute.

There goes the hope of collecting every Near Mint release. Haha. At least it ended sooner than later.

Where is the Fog variant going to be available?

Haha! I'm not sure how we're doing that yet, either we're going to give it away with a random order, or do some sort of contest perhaps? I'll post on here once we have a solid idea.

Haha! I'm not sure how we're doing that yet, either we're going to give it away with a random order, or do some sort of contest perhaps? I'll post on here once we have a solid idea.

I'll be up early Friday morning in hopes of grabbing the other three variants. I'm really digging your label so far, and I'm happy to support independent music.

I'll be up early Friday morning in hopes of grabbing the other three variants. I'm really digging your label so far, and I'm happy to support independent music.

Hey thanks dude! I'm glad you're digging it so far, really excited about some of the upcoming projects I think people will dig.

Also, hope this doesn't come as a complete bummer but the 2 band variants won't be sold through our webstore, the bands will have them. You could contact the band via facebook, twitter, etc and try to acquire one once we have them in hand and start shipping them. (They won't have them until a little bit after me, as I will have to mail them their copies)

Or, you could shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can get in touch with the bands for you.

Hey thanks dude! I'm glad you're digging it so far, really excited about some of the upcoming projects I think people will dig.

Also, hope this doesn't come as a complete bummer but the 2 band variants won't be sold through our webstore, the bands will have them. You could contact the band via facebook, twitter, etc and try to acquire one once we have them in hand and start shipping them. (They won't have them until a little bit after me, as I will have to mail them their copies)

Or, you could shoot me an email at [email protected] and I can get in touch with the bands for you.

Awesome dude! I just sent you an email.