Do you play your Test Presses?

Just curious on a person to person basis. I don't own too many. Feel free to post which ones you own ITT...

I have

Wild Child - The Runaround

of Montreal - An Introduction to of Montreal

and I'll be receiving the If These Trees Can Talk - S/T and AtE,BtS test press as well

I've spun the WC one once, and the of Montreal one 0 times - and I want to spin the ITTCT one but I'm wondering if I should just hold onto it as a collector's item and try to snag one of the orange/blues at a show if they come to LA.

Well, if I want to approve them, I've got to. Wocka wocka wocka.

But seriously, if I have a production pressing, that's usually what I listen to.

And there's nothing wrong with listening to a rejected test, it's not always a physical defect. Champion's Promises Kept had a mix the band didn't like.

I think Kessy is thinking of playing tests as someone who isn't approving them for a label.

& That's true that it's not always a physical defect, but as someone who buys/wins/obtains a test outside of the label, we wouldn't really know for sure what the defect is - physical or not.

But I'm not very well versed in tests. I only have 1, and my 2nd is on its way to me at the moment.