Is anyone else as stoked for the Binding of Isaac remake (Rebirth) as I am!? It's from the same artist that made Super Meat Boy and from the looks of it it's gonna be amazing.

The game is an old-school Zelda inspired rogue-like dungeon game. The story basically consists of your mother being told by "a voice from above" that she needs to sacrifice her child Isaac to prove her faith. After escaping into the basement you take control of Isaac and fight mutated and grotesque monsters/insects while delving deeper and deeper into the bowels under Isaac's house. Every time you play the game it is different thanks to randomly generated rooms, and when you die that's it, you start all over. There are also supposed to be 450+ items that all synergize together for added effects and make your character look different, so every game you are guaranteed to be a new crazy looking Isaac. 

Only about 1 more month till it comes out and for the low price of $15 idk how anyone can miss this, and if you don't feel like waiting you can buy the original on Steam right now for $5 and get a $5 discount on the remake if you order before its release on November 4th. I'll leave you guys with the controversial trailer.. Tell me what you think or if you have played the original and are already stoked for Rebirth!

Is rebirth PC only? or will there be a console release this time around? Also Super Meat Boy Forever! So excite.

From what I've seen I think Rebirth will be on ps4 and I know its gonna be on the ps vita, and yea Super Meatboy Forever will probably end up being the first actual good game I ever get for my phone! haha and by good I mostly mean a whole game with no micro transactions every five seconds! 

As much as I love the original release, I don't have much reason to purchase Rebirth since I still haven't seen everything the original has to offer after hundreds of games. I'm sure it will end up in my Steam library at some point though.

Rebirth is actually going to be loaded with a whole shitload of new content! not to mention the entire game engine has been rebuilt and can support different room sizes and such. the game not running through adobe flash anymore and the prospect of being able to finally play it without any sort of slowdown is more than enough for me to want to repurchase it.

......oh my god you just taught me that this is a thing

I do what I can :P and I'm glad to promote Edmund Mcmillens products in any way I can. He's probably my favorite video game developer right now!

And yea even though this game is a "remake" it has so much more going for it that it might as well be a completely different game, if you had even a little interest in the original I would highly recommend looking into Rebirth. 

I've logged 176 hours on the original , I'm beyond excited for this but concerned about what it will do to my life

Touche, the only thing about this release that has me concerned is how much I'm going to want to ignore day to day responsibilities just to play it 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...