Awesome Goodwill Finds

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
On May 24, 2016 at 5:21 PM, drivervr628 said:

Michael Miglio - Never gonna let you go 45 - pink label

I can't seem to find much info on this except for that it sold once for $124.xx a few years ago.

Can't wait to get home and listen to this

Usually when collectors pay that much for a record, there is something unique or original about it, even if it may not be to your personal taste.

Sure it will be an interesting listen at least. ;)

It definitely was.  The main reason I was excited about it is because of a little note that was written on the sleeve.  It read...

"To Penny,

I shouldn't do this, but I will anyway.  Nice to meet you

Please come back

Love,

Michael"

Possibly a note from the artist? 

Such a nice little story.

• 4 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Professor Finn said:

Let's just say yesterday wasn't too bad...
(it was sealed when I found it for $1)

P6290923_zpsr7qdbjix.jpg

I also found 16 Rolling Stones albums at a goodwill a couple weeks back for $1/ea (not the best photo but you get the gist)

Screenshot%2030_zpscdighx3d.png

Goddamn you...mainly because you're in AZ too and I never see this type of stuff :) killer haul!

23 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Dammit! I live like two blocks from one, I just need to start going daily or something

I go to thrift stores probably every day if I can. Personally I've stopped looking for records, I have too many and there are too many people looking for them now. Usually when I go I look for video games, vintage clothing, horror vhs tapes, sports memorabilia, walkmen, etc...

For instance yesterday I found Castlevania Symphony of the Night for PS1 for $2 (Goes for $50), some "Street Jam" football for .50 cents that goes for about $50 on ebay and a Frank Zappa "The Amazing Mr. Bickford" Claymation VHS tape that goes for $30+. Also got a Mad Catz steering wheel for $6 that can be used for N64 and Playstation 1/2

I wish I got into thrifting years ago :/

Edited by mmfood

3 hours ago, mmfood said:

I go to thrift stores probably every day if I can. Personally I've stopped looking for records, I have too many and there are too many people looking for them now. Usually when I go I look for video games, vintage clothing, horror vhs tapes, sports memorabilia, walkmen, etc...

For instance yesterday I found Castlevania Symphony of the Night for PS1 for $2 (Goes for $50), some "Street Jam" football for .50 cents that goes for about $50 on ebay and a Frank Zappa "The Amazing Mr. Bickford" Claymation VHS tape that goes for $30+. Also got a Mad Catz steering wheel for $6 that can be used for N64 and Playstation 1/2

I started buying records because they were at thrift stores. Problem was, 20 years ago, I didn't know what to grab. It took being into records to know what to buy.

10 hours ago, mmfood said:

I found a CIB Misadventures of Tron Bonne for the PS1 at a goodwill, by far probably my best score butI've found a lot of good stuff over the years (my dad probably goes to half a dozen 5 days a week since his job is driving around town fixing stuff)

On 6/30/2016 at 4:40 PM, Professor Finn said:

I found a CIB Misadventures of Tron Bonne for the PS1 at a goodwill, by far probably my best score butI've found a lot of good stuff over the years (my dad probably goes to half a dozen 5 days a week since his job is driving around town fixing stuff)

Why are your fucking goodwills so lucky? I haven't found shit in forever

• 4 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, kjkenney said:

Went to Denver to visit my mom and found excellent copies of Kraftwerk- Autobahn, Talking Heads- More Songs About Buildings and Food, Doors- Strange Days, and a Radiohead boot from the UK called Entertaining Auntie. Fuck Phoenix I'm moving to Denver.

I found Autobahn on cassette at Goodwill and it's perfect driving music. I haven't found any good records at Thrift shops lately but yesterday I paid .18 cents for a Yashica T4 at a Goodwill Outlet yesterday and found a CIB Indiana Jones N64 game for $10

Edited by mmfood

7 hours ago, mmfood said:

I found Autobahn on cassette at Goodwill and it's perfect driving music. I haven't found any good records at Thrift shops lately but yesterday I paid .18 cents for a Yashica T4 at a Goodwill Outlet yesterday and found a CIB Indiana Jones N64 game for $10

If it's the indy I'm thinking of that's probably worth a good bit if the box and manual are in good shape. 

43 minutes ago, Issei Hyoudou said:

If it's the indy I'm thinking of that's probably worth a good bit if the box and manual are in good shape. 

I looked on eBay and the manual alone is worth $35. But it was a rental game so the box is actually cut to fit in a hard plastic case, so it only has the front, top and back of the box, it's like half complete lol