PO: Ghostbusters Stay Puft Edition Vinyl

I'm honestly not even sure why I just bought this but tack another $60 on this months vinyl spree..

This deluxe package includes the following:

• 12” White vinyl single – both tracks are on Side A.  Side B is smooth
  • Two 12 x 12 Stay Puft 3D lenticular images from the film
  • One 12 x 12 Stay Puft 3D motion lenticular image from the film
  • Puffy gatefold jacket which simulates the feel and texture of a marshmallow
  • Marshmallow scented jacket
  • Inner gatefold includes full photo collage of Mr. Stay Puft’s iconic march through New York City.
  • Numbered Certificate of Authenticity

Also included in this limited edition version is one complete set of Stay Puft Marshmallow Man facial expressions with three individual emotions separated onto layers of unbound transparencies. The set is contained in a clear sleeve pouch. 

As an added bonus, you will receive a FREE 6 inch Stay Puft figurine with your purchase. 

There will only be 3,000 of this exclusive super deluxe package and it is only available here.

http://www.ghostbustersstore.com/ghostbusters-stay-puft-edition-super-deluxe-vinyl/details/32129306

It does look like a pretty cool package though. Just hard to get over the $60 price tag.

Also I used this discount code for mine:  Ghost268

Bullmoose has this for $36:

http://www.bullmoose.com/p/16967670/parker-ray-jr-run-dmc-ghostbusters-stay-puft-edition

(No figure, but for $23* I can live without it!)

*Not to mention free shipping and tax free!

Yea that is good to know! I also saw one thing in the picture on the far left on the ghostbusters site that I haven't seen on any of the other sites with this release, I'm guessing it's these..

Also included in this limited edition version is one complete set of Stay Puft Marshmallow Man facial expressions with three individual emotions separated onto layers of unbound transparencies. The set is contained in a clear sleeve pouch. 

Listen kids, there are collectors for everything. My friend Heather has a Stay Puft onesie. yeah its bad but people follow the movie and it has what could be a "cult following". It's not just two songs. There's prints and more AND it's a reasonable price for all of the extras. So those of you saying , "it's only two songs" Fuck off. They're not pulling that Mondo bullshit.

Can I pick both? (: Are you really that upset by other people's purchases, or do you just hate life?

It's not just two songs. There's prints and more AND it's a reasonable price for all of the extras. So those of you saying , "it's only two songs" Fuck off. They're not pulling that Mondo bullshit.

You may want to reread the item listing. It's a two song 12" in a gatefold jacket, and three "prints" made from that 3D baseball card material that was popular in the 80s. For $60. That's it. I'm not familiar with "that Mondo bullshit" but if it involves selling questionable soundtrack material at grossly inflated prices because OMGSUPERRARECOLLECTABLE!!!, then this clearly is the same thing.

To the OP, do I care how you spend your money? No, it's yours. But every time someone buys something stupid like this, or a $30 repress of dollar bin fodder on RSD, it further encourages record labels to raise the prices of their products."If people will pay X for this, then we can get away with charging Y for that." Your willingness to overspend for music is ruining things for everybody else.

They could have at least etched the B side. Way too much money.

That might help justify the price. Maybe... definitely not enough for me.

I'm a huge fan, I'd love to have this. But it's a one-sided 12" single. I've never found the Run DMC track, so that's kind of cool. But why not just do the soundtracks for both films in one package? Both featured some great songs.

Really great packaging, but definitely needs more music.

I dont care how you spend your money, but I do care and here are a bunch of reasons why I care.

seriously?

Production/retail costs dont factor in # of songs.. If you want to pay per song, go to itunes or something.  

Thanks OP for starting this thread, it may help some ghostbuster (or marshmallow) fans acquire a neat and unique piece.. am I one of those, nope.  I'll probably throw good money at overpriced thomyorke/radiohead releases, but hey, at least there is more than 2 songs (excepton that overpriced 7" single I bought... and all those KOL remix 12").

I speak only for myself, man. If someone wants to grab this, go for it. It's a really nice collectible.

For a package design that has this much thought and consideration, I'd want the musical content to match that level. Those are two fantastic songs, but it excludes some great music. I think they missed a good opportunity to provide the ultimate package, with both soundtracks. Hell, the score is great too. They got the physical package part right. I'd just personally want more from such a great franchise, because there's a lot there.

I speak only for myself, man. If someone wants to grab this, go for it. It's a really nice collectible.

For a package design that has this much thought and consideration, I'd want the musical content to match that level. Those are two fantastic songs, but it excludes some great music. I think they missed a good opportunity to provide the ultimate package, with both soundtracks. Hell, the score is great too. They got the physical package part right. I'd just personally want more from such a great franchise, because there's a lot there.

well put.  

I just never found it organically, never felt like looking for it until now.

You never felt like looking because it's a goofy, dated song that nobody really wants to listen to unless you are watching Ghostbusters II.

That song has been out since 1989 and I would bet that nobody in this thread has listened to it outside of watching the movie or music video.

I like it better than Ray Parker Jr's version, honestly. Run did a great job with it, but the video is weird. It doesn't even feature the same version from the film. A similar thing happened with the Bus Boys video from the first film.

I stand by that whole soundtrack, though. I just like finding my records at the record store if it ain't a pre-order, or something that doesn't have a lot of distribution.