PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

When I got into these dudes, BSN was the album that got me into them. Then I listened to Juturna and OLG.

Can't look at BSN the same.

I like it, but damn, those first two...

I know... I started with Juturna back in '05 but I can only imagine what it feels like to start at BSN then go back....

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gif

I personally think this is their best record to date, or at least on par with Juturna. I love it.

Strong words, my friend. I really hope that's the case.

Guys, it's their most aggressive record because they're actually a metalcore band now. Duh.

All joking aside, holy fuck. I am more ready for this than I even thought I'd be. I really hope that release dare is real and we will have the album that soon. I'm also hoping there's no crazy expensive vinyl bundles because I don't need to go into credit card debt for that right now.

I love their albums all the way through. I heard Juturna and OLG first, but when I really started being able to appreciate their style of music was around the time BSN came out, and I listened to that album so many times it's not even funny. Of course, nothing can stand up to the first two. VW was just a different direction for me. I'm excited that they're going for a more aggressive approach. I also love the album art.

people said this about Violent Waves and that album was terrible, imo. i do hope you're right, though.

Here's how I personally rank their albums in terms of enjoyment level:

Juturna > BSN > Violent Waves > OLG

(Even though I rank OLG last, I still gave it four stars when it came out and stand by that.)

I've listened to the new one a dozen or so times (I reviewed it for the next issue of AP) and I do believe it's some of the best music they've ever made. I would slot it in right behind Juturna in my personal ranking, which will probably always remain on top for sentimental reasons if nothing else.

For me its been a steady linear decline in favor for their albums along their chronology.

Juturna>OLG>BSN=VW.

I honestly need to listen to VW more though. I've barely touched it.

I'd agree with this.

Here's how I personally rank their albums in terms of enjoyment level:

Juturna > BSN > Violent Waves > OLG

(Even though I rank OLG last, I still gave it four stars when it came out and stand by that.)

I've listened to the new one a dozen or so times (I reviewed it for the next issue of AP) and I do believe it's some of the best music they've ever made. I would slot it in right behind Juturna in my personal ranking, which will probably always remain on top for sentimental reasons if nothing else.

Hrm. You've certainly piqued my interest.