PO: Circa Survive - Descensus (11/24/14)

It's so interesting seeing how people who've been following the band rate their albums. I finally gave them a shot right before VW came out and love the first three records equally- in fact, I'd have to look up which came out first if you guys didn't all mention the release order in this thread. Reminds me of something Ian said about Fugazi's evolving sound- that people who weren't along for the ride might feel differently than those who were. I even dig VW, though I rarely reach for it.

Point is, very stoked on this. Glad this board (and Scott) made me give them a chance after my girlfriend saw them and told me not to bother.

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

giphy.gif

So excited about this and the artwork looks fantastic!!! 

Circa and Esao never disappoint. The album artwork is very reminiscent of what Esao was working on with his newest solo show at the Jonathan LeVine Gallery entitled Epilogues. If you read more about it here or here, then I'm sure it would make more sense on why it seems so 'busy'.  I hope there is vinyl bundle package option. I got it for violent waves and I'll spend the $$ to get it again. 

I literally just bought Violent Waves yesterday from a friend who had pre-ordered it but didn't like it at all. I like it, but I really just got it to help complete the collection (just need BSN). After hearing the news about the pre-order, I'll probably do it, but I've strayed away from bands on sumerian the past like 6 years. I wonder if I'll have the same feelings as my friend if i pre-order this and find myself not so into circa anymore. I dig the little snippet we got today of Descensus!

You did clearly say release date.  My bad.  11/24 is definitely a strange release date.

I thought there was an article on AP or Billboard or some other music site a while back stating that there may be a change in release dates from Tuesdays to Mondays(?) to coincide with International Releases (I think Tuesday releases is only done in the US). I could be wrong but I swear I just read an article about this a month or so ago.

after reading/hearing everything available so far, i really don't know what to expect. i was a massive fan during the OLG era (Juturna and OLG are my favorites) and i've been let down by everything anthony green has been involved with since the last TSOAF album, which i loved.

the clip sounds cool, and it definitely sounds better than VW; however, if anthony sounds and writes like he did on VW for this release, i won't like it.

here's to hoping we get a stream of a single before the pre-order

I thought there was an article on AP or Billboard or some other music site a while back stating that there may be a change in release dates from Tuesdays to Mondays(?) to coincide with International Releases (I think Tuesday releases is only done in the US). I could be wrong but I swear I just read an article about this a month or so ago.

I thought that was a change to Friday's, but that wasn't going to change until next year, at the soonest.

after reading/hearing everything available so far, i really don't know what to expect. i was a massive fan during the OLG era (Juturna and OLG are my favorites) and i've been let down by everything anthony green has been involved with since the last TSOAF album, which i loved.

the clip sounds cool, and it definitely sounds better than VW; however, if anthony sounds and writes like he did on VW for this release, i won't like it.

here's to hoping we get a stream of a single before the pre-order

yeah, they've clearly stated everywhere that there's a new song and pre-order on 10/24

yeah, they've clearly stated everywhere that there's a new song and pre-order on 10/24

no need to be a cunt, i can read. sometimes websites stream new singles ahead of time and on the actual PO date you get the single as a digital download with your order. hence why i stated "here's to hoping"

no need to be a cunt, i can read. sometimes websites stream new singles ahead of time and on the actual PO date you get the single as a digital download with your order. hence why i stated "here's to hoping"

If I was being a cunt, you'd know it.  I was actually trying to be helpful, but I forgot where I was, you fuckwad.

Even as a female, there have been times where the use of the word 'cunt' has been appropriate in describing a person, but that was not one of those times.

tumblr_inline_n8r913HRsU1rkg7ly.gif

Back on topic: I'm also super excited for this. Saw them a month or two ago and they did play 1 new song. I don't remember what it was called, but it was definitely a slower type song.

Even as a female, there have been times where the use of the word 'cunt' has been appropriate in describing a person, but that was not one of those times.

tumblr_inline_n8r913HRsU1rkg7ly.gif

Back on topic: I'm also super excited for this. Saw them a month or two ago and they did play 1 new song. I don't remember what it was called, but it was definitely a slower type song.

Lol, thanks.

Also, love your new avi! The Royal Army of OZ needs winding!

I'm so glad someone recognizes it. Tik Tok :wub:

I was (still am) thoroughly obsessed with that and all OZ stuff growing up.  I re-watched the movie after years and years of not seeing it, and was shocked I didn't have more nightmares when I was little, especially with the wheelers.